Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still experiencing brake fade after replacing the pads with EBC HH, the brake fluid and lines. I believe it is the rotors. Has anyone hear changed rotors? I am looking for advice on whose to use. I see the EBC are the cheapest but if they aren't going to fix my problem then they aren't worth the cheap price. HELP!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Did you use a mity vac when you changed your lines and fluid? If not go buy one and try it. About thirty bucks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and the brakes are fine when cold. Good lever. It is after 2-3 laps that the fade occurs which does not indicate air in the lines. We did however remove the calipers and master cylinder without draining the fluid and tap them with a rubber mallet,rotate them to get any air out and then bleed the system about 1 million times. I am almost convinced that the small 298mm diameter of the rotors and the increased thickness is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I seriously doubt it is the rotors, everyone that races these bikes has said the same thing that the mastercylinder is not the right size for aggressive riding and needs to be swapped out for a brembo unit.

I had some fade on teh street until I put my lines on, then when I bleed the system I push the pistons all the way out, cleaned them off and then only pushed them in far enough to get the pads in them and onto the rotors. Made a night and day improvement in the brake feel. Made an entire session with no problems what so ever.

This is a trick on of the local race mechanis taught me and has worked on all of my bikes in improving brake feel.

·
Registered
554 Posts
You can get a 19mm Nissan radial master cylinder for 214.00. maybe that will fix the problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is an '06 with the Nissan radial master cyl. Fade comes from heat retention. This is why I think it is in the rotors. I have removed the dust shields from the calipers to help with this also. I really think a Brembo radial master cylinders are better than Nissan as I have one on my Ducati 999 and the brakes are WAY better than the ZX. I really don't wnat to spend any money on a master cyl. to find out that does not fix it. Anyone else want to chime in?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.