Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last friday, i was hit by a transport on a highway near my house on my 05 636. It all started by me pulling over to the side of the highway to let about 4 cars go by, Then i looked back and noticed a transport that was a good distance away.So i told myself nows the turn to turn around. But as soon as i was done the u-turn, the stupid transport for some reason went in the opposite lane where i was. It all happend so quick. He must of been going at least 130kmh, cause i should of had time to even do a couple donuts if i wanted to.
Anyways, for some reason that was the only day that i wasn't wearing my gear except my helmet. I shatered my left leg really bad that my bones were sticking out my leg. I now have a hole the size of a tennis ball. Other then the leg, i just have a few scratches that are already healed and a badly bruised or spraind thumb. I just got out of the hospital yesterday. I went for 4 surgeries so far and have two more appointments in 2 weeks and in 1 month.

Also my bike was tooken away by my local towing company, and while they had it, someone went there and stole some parts, i'm so pissed.

i'll have pictures of my bike and x-rays later in a couple days.
well i gtg

thx forum for all your help, advice, and support.
thx again and ride safe
peace

·
Registered
452 Posts
i have a feeling that if a truck hit you at 130kmph that more gear wouldnt have changed things much. Definately lucky to be alive!!!
Things like that always reinforce a little thing i always have in my head: aim for where they have been, not where they are going. I have no idea why the trucker would have been on the other side of the road... dumba**

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i am lucky to be alive, and yes theres gonna be a lawsuit for the parts that were stolen.
can't wait to get out of this cast.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
That's too bad, hopefully you heal fast.

--David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.