Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike starts alittle rough to...

this is what I do and works like a charm...

make sure the choke is off completely...

then hit the starter and at the same time slowly apply the choke while holding the starter until the bike starts up and stop appling choke right then (this whole process should only take a second or two becasue you dont want to hold the starter button too long)

this seems to work great for starting my bike up...

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no throttle....

just hold the starter button in while you slowly apply choke and let go once the bike starts...

you will usually never have to apply more the 1/3 choke...

the other way I can get it starts is crack the thorttle open alittle and start it, but the choke method works the best...

·
Registered
355 Posts
The past couple of morning, I have started my bike up, with the temperatutre being a little cool. The bike takes a while to start up, first sounding like its the battery, then after a couple of tries, starting fine..

I do turn the choke, but need to keep on giving it a little bit of gas (till it warms up) or it will cut off..

What do you think is going on??

The Battery is fine... and in the afternoons, no problems..

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
hmm....nice andy.
I'll try that also. I have the same problem starting her up. I had some luck with opening the choke about 3/4 way instead of full. The technique you use sounds similar but i never thought of it. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very similiar, the problemi s that too many people use to much choke casuing problems....

this way you're only using enough choke to start the bike...and it's dynamic since you moce the choke while you are turning the bike over...

some days you might use 1/4 choke, somce days 3/4 and some days you might barely touch it at all....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.