Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an aftermarket exhaust,air filter and PCIII, and i find that when cold, the RPM's will kind of hunt before setting into smooth idle. was wondering if anyone else experiences this since my friend mentioned his rr did it too.
is there a setting i can change on the PCIII

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've got an aftermarket exhaust,air filter and PCIII, and i find that when cold, the RPM's will kind of hunt before setting into smooth idle. was wondering if anyone else experiences this since my friend mentioned his rr did it too.
is there a setting i can change on the PCIII
Are you running a custom tune or an off the shelf, "box" tune? Have it checked with a wideband if possible, you're probably running rich. Or the idle is set too low.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Hm.....I remember when the '07 first came out, Cycle World commented on how "cold-blooded" the ZX-6R was compared to some other FI bikes. They said it takes a little while to smooth out. Mine does the same thing you're describing.

My car does it as well, but my car is very far from stock so other things may be at play there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i tried using a map for the pcIII site, but now i'm using a dyno tuned map, albeit from a different elevation, but both maps did it
It does smooth out when it warms up...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts