Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went -1/+2 on my 06 636 and Im currently running about 1K rpm per 10 mph in 6th. So at 75 MPH im turning nearly 7,500 RPM. I realize that the stock gearing was 1,000 rpm less. That doesnt sound like much of a difference but I know it is. My real question is, is it safe to take the bike on a 5 hr road trip at that high of RPM's for an extended amount of time?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Is that an indicated 75 mph? If so, from what I've read you were probably going closer to 60 with the gearing changes...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive got it corrected with a speedo healer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
when im given er on the highway, i keep my rpms from 9-11 rpm in w/e gear im ins ame with ridin the twisties...i like the response of the throttle at higher rpm much more exact and more torque, don't be afraid to rev the crap out of her shes built to take it...the only time i stay low in the rpms is when im cruising in very heavy and or slow traffic...or if i have a headache and it's to loud to take...giver hell just maintain it properly

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by tdahle
You think 1000rpm is gonna hurt you? Check this out...
Wow thats impressive the kinds of abuse they can take. Im not to worried about it I just thought I would ask. I will give her hell. [:p]

·
Registered
674 Posts
I was impressed with their results, however, I'll still baby my engine...that article made it sound like these engines are indestructable, but I've seen an engine completely f***ed! the guy just gassed it from every light and was always flying down city streets, so I didn't feel bad seein him without a bike. And besides it was a 954rr, just one more honda off the streets, not like it'll make a ding in their already outrageous population

·
Registered
439 Posts
subhuman could you post the settings you used for your speedohealer?
Cause I'm considering -1/+2 and a speedohealer but I don't have a gps to measure my speed. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by JavaJoe
subhuman could you post the settings you used for your speedohealer?
Cause I'm considering -1/+2 and a speedohealer but I don't have a gps to measure my speed. Thanks in advance
Here is their online calcualtor. http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/adjust.htm
I dont remember what the settings were that I dialed in. Just went off -1/+2 gear change from stock, pushed some buttons a few times and I was done. Its really easy to do. By the way going -1/+2 is the shit. Give the bike a lot more low end torque and is the optium gearing for the bike.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i went -1 +3 and my rpm's run around 8 g's @ 65 mph. i don't like it for the daily comute to work so today the stock rear (40) is going back on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.