Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is hard to explain but i'll try...ok there is a small (small in terms of diameter) rubber pipe coming out of the gaz tank on my 99 zx6r (in the back of the tank). When i washed my bike, I noticed that one side of the pipe was still on the tank but the other side was attached to nothing...where the hell do I have to plug the other side?? If you understand what i'm talking about please answer me! ;) thanks!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
It is probably the vent tube. One end attaches at the tank and the other end is attached to . . . nothing usually down on the left side by the airbox catch can.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I'm just guessing that the tube is coming from the BOTTOM of the tank? If so, Swjohnsey is correct, it is a vent tube. When I took my tank off to change the plugs, the same tube you're talking about came off the tank. When I went to put everything back on, I was like, "what the hell is this nipple on the bottom of the tank for? Then I saw the tube lying there, and put 2 and 2 together;)

The other end of the tube should stop somewhere by your left footpeg, underneath the petcock. That's where mine stopped, at least.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for your answers!:) like swjohnsey said, it was the vent tube, so the other end don't have to be plugged somewhere!;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.