Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing a lot of these on local streets lately. I just looked them up to see what they are about. They look meh to me, but noticed a huged growth in them. Are these the new civics?

I ran into a "gang" of them while riding the past weekend. They were pulling some fast and furious stunts by driving in between each other(there were 4) on a 2 lane street. I just gave some throttle and pulled away in 6th :D.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Haha funny you should bring that up...my bro called me a couple of days ago to tell me he just passed a "scooter" gang and they were doing dumb shit as well.

I wonder if I could pick up a girl if I had a scooter?

·
Powerhungry
38,386 Posts
its all about the MPG man. with gas prices being CRAZY. ppl are doing anything they can.

no special license(stupid if u ask me), and cheap, good MPG...

been seeing more scooters the last year or so...

·
Registered
91 Posts
The scooter folks aren't happy up here in the MD area. They just passed a law saying that if the scooter goes over 35mph then it's considered a motorcycle and they need to get a license and insurance! HAHA

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha funny you should bring that up...my bro called me a couple of days ago to tell me he just passed a "scooter" gang and they were doing dumb shit as well.

I wonder if I could pick up a girl if I had a scooter?
Yea I passed them ASAP, was afraid one of them would win up hitting me or something with thier antics.

The scooter folks aren't happy up here in the MD area. They just passed a law saying that if the scooter goes over 35mph then it's considered a motorcycle and they need to get a license and insurance! HAHA
Good! I hate how they get cheaper parking too! Half price of a motorcycle parking for a scooter.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i have a zuma in my garage - i never take it out though - it's sitting next to a zx6r, cbr954rr, chopper, and an Indian so there's no chance I'm taking that over an actual bike

law in ny is if it's under 50cc u don't need a motorcycle license and it's 49.9cc

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
People come in everyday to my buddies shop asking for scooters. they want to replace their SUV's and commute to work on them. I think they have some serious pipedreams

1 - 7 of 7 Posts