Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake fluid sprayed out during my ride on Saturday. It ate away and cracked the faceplate to my guages, marked my windshield, and pitted my right inside fairing cover. Aaargh! How can I get a new faceplate without buying the whole assembly? I don't want to get a new assembly and go through having to change my LED's again. Plus it's expensive!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ebay is your friend. That and local salvage outfits might be able to help you out. Also, I would never suggest that you use a cheap bicycle computer which you can buy for $30 of so until you can get this fixed, that might be illegal where you are, so DOn't you do IT.

Tip: the DOT 3 & 4 synthetic stuff from Valvoline doesn't seem to be as nasty to paint as the regular stuff. You might want to consider it next time your bleed your brakes.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'03 - '04's the same? How about the other Kawi models with digital clusters? I could almost get any of them if that is the case.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
the custom colors one are stock with a differnt led light insdie and next time put a nike wristband around the brake fuel container it could have prevented and it cost like 5 dollars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.