Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my way to work this morning i'm sitting there at the lgihts waiting to turn and some guy in a white commodore just rolls down behind me and hits me. So i get off my bike and walk over and he starts yelling at me saying i'm in the wrong place and that i should have some kind of lights to show that i am there. In the middle of the morning...

WTF.... I was so shocked that i didnt even get his plates. He got back in his car and sped off in the oppoite direction and now there is nothing i can do. Thankyfully there is no visable damage to the bike but i think it might have hurt my back a little..

Anyway i am pissed the [email protected]#$ off >.<

/rageout

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
This kind of shit happens all the time to motorcycles at stop lights and it's made worse by the horrible mirrors on the 250R. Get yourself some stick-on convex mirror dots from Wal-Mart and put them on those useless mirrors. At least you'll have time to get out of the way before you get hit again!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeh funnily enough i had purchased some just yesterday but hadn't had the time to put them on yet.. Murphys law...

·
Registered
720 Posts
So on my way to work this morning i'm sitting there at the lgihts waiting to turn and some guy in a white commodore just rolls down behind me and hits me. So i get off my bike and walk over and he starts yelling at me saying i'm in the wrong place and that i should have some kind of lights to show that i am there. In the middle of the morning...

WTF.... I was so shocked that i didnt even get his plates. He got back in his car and sped off in the oppoite direction and now there is nothing i can do. Thankyfully there is no visable damage to the bike but i think it might have hurt my back a little..

/rageout

Truely sorry for the mishaps but hell, you're stupid..what can I say? if someone hit you, write down the plate first then talk....live and learn dude.

unsubscribed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there was not enough time. By the time i was turning around he was in the lane to my left adn then was down the street by the time i could see... Anyway Spoken to cops can clam cos it has been reported so tehy dont need plates of the dude. There is also a red light camera and he rana red so they might be able to get him there.

·
Registered
720 Posts
there was not enough time. By the time i was turning around he was in the lane to my left adn then was down the street by the time i could see... Anyway Spoken to cops can clam cos it has been reported so tehy dont need plates of the dude. There is also a red light camera and he rana red so they might be able to get him there.
There is enough time...it just never crossed your mind.. You got off the bike, walked over and he yelled at you....there's enough time to copy a whole novel there...Arguing with a denial on the Internet is just retarded in itself like reading Enzo1's posts...but anyways, you'll know exactly what to do the next time...
again, truely sorry for your mishaps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
That really sucks... I'm considering a machete mount for my Ninja to fix problems that insurance won't cover. Still don't see how you could've missed his plates though.

+1 on what TrueFaith said - those little mirror stick-ons are worth their weight in uranium. I find myself glancing at those more than the actual mirror.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Xentroph that sucks about the accident, were abouts do you live? I take it in Austrlaia somewhere because it was a commodore that hit you???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Xentroph that sucks about the accident, were abouts do you live? I take it in Austrlaia somewhere because it was a commodore that hit you???
Yeh Newcastle NSW.

I didn't know people could drive Commodore 64's.
Holden commodore. It's the biggest australian production car. Badged also as vauxhall in other countries.

guess thats why msf tells you to do a shoulder check whenever you stop...

but glad your okay, it could have been worse
Yeh i did i was however stationary at the lights. Waiting on a red light. I even do checks while 'm sitting at reds. There really was nothing that i could have done didn't see it coming. As for not seeing the plates or not chasing him down. Well i was shocked that it had happened and honestly didn't think he was going to run so i was steadying the bike and getting off.

I really didn't think i would have to defend my actions or lack there of in this kind of situation in this kind of community where most people have been in accidents like this.

Thanks to everyone for the support that i did get. Chiro tonight really helped :)

·
Registered
376 Posts

/rageout
MSF Rule: When sitting at a light leave yourself a few feet to roll forward, and keep your bike in gear until the car behind you comes to a complete stop...

Glad you walked away okay.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sorry to hear, glad to see you are ok. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS watch your rearview when stopped. Especially when there is no one behind you. When they approach, flash your brake lights a few times so they notice you. I often see people sitting at a red light looking around to see if they look cool and not keeping a check behind them.

FWIW Holden Commodore is the Pontiac G8 in the US. Holden is part of GM.

Hopefully the guy gets caught, if ever in an accident, ALWAYS get the plate, then talk or whatever. If they run, chase at a safe distance, get the plates, then call 911. See this thread what happened when a rider was rear ended and chased the guy
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=117435

This message was provided by your local officer friendly :D.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to hear, glad to see you are ok. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS watch your rearview when stopped. Especially when there is no one behind you. When they approach, flash your brake lights a few times so they notice you. I often see people sitting at a red light looking around to see if they look cool and not keeping a check behind them.

FWIW Holden Commodore is the Pontiac G8 in the US. Holden is part of GM.

Hopefully the guy gets caught, if ever in an accident, ALWAYS get the plate, then talk or whatever. If they run, chase at a safe distance, get the plates, then call 911. See this thread what happened when a rider was rear ended and chased the guy
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=117435

This message was provided by your local officer friendly :D.
Man that is rough... I feel a little beter for not chasing =) There is always next time. I've learnt for next time, i thought i didnt trust anyone on the road before...

Thanks guys =D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts