Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about running the 05 636 at the local 1/8th mile strip. Anyone ever run the 1/8th? I am looking for basic setup such as rear spring setup and tire pressure. I am thinking about strapping the front and lowering the back for this as well but am not too sure of the rules yet as noone has ever strapped a bike yet (the track has a bunch of noobs that run in tennis shoes and cant launch I am basically going down there to try to show these boys what a sportbike can do.) Any help would be great. :D

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
full soft on the rear spring with medium shock rebound, run your tire at specified psi for bike, lowering the pressure causes more friction, a quick spin up with out going through the water box will be good enough for traction. no john force burn out! your waisting your tire and your money, just long enough for the tire to brush off. by all means strap the front end, 636's are king of the front end hike, "head shake". lower the rear too, i lost 3/10 by lowering alone. be safe and keep the thottle twisted, its all about momentum

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot. Any suggestions on what rpm to launch? On my FZR I launched at around 7 but am not sure what to start out with on the 636.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just went last night and did 1/4 mile runs. I've been a couple of times and i might be able to provide some insight. The strapping is a must. The lowering makes it even better. I have my bike lowered 1.5 inches but i couldnt take it the full 3 inches because my akra slip on and my tire would have come in contact on launch. I have been launching anywhere from 7 to 9 but if you have it strapped and lowered you can leave as high as you feel comfy really. Just be sure you have your body over the front and let that wheel just float right above the ground on your launch. You will need a good light since your running in the 1/8 mile since you dont have much time to make up any lost ground. Hope this helped..... if your looking for a couple more horsepower you should do the jumper mod and when im at the track i take out my air filter. Hope this helped.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
a friend of mine runs his 03' 6r n the 1/8th. got a 7 inch extended swingarm, 190 rear tire with low preasure, soft rear spring, air shift, nos, strapped front end, lowered rear, 20 lb's of weight on the front wheels to help keep it down. last friday he went the whole 1/8th on the rear tire. 6.4 sec @ 117mph. he said it wasn't a good run.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I went to the local track here. It's 1/8th mi. also. Lots of fun. I ran maybe 5 times or so. Man is it hard to launch. Best run I got was 8.01 at 103. I know with more practice I can do better. I was wondering how long a stock clutch would last doing this. Anyone know?

·
Registered
230 Posts
common now if your gonna show em how to do it, you better bring more than that.heres the numbers from my 05 636 totalled 3 months ago
r/t .131
60ft 1.876
330ft 4.872
1/8 mi 7.017
mph 105.64
1/4 mi 10.878
mph 129.42
only mods were lowered, strapped, -1 front sprocket, and micron exhaust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.