Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the bike, 08 250R, the previous owner told me that he installed a jet kit on the bike but never jetted it. I didnt fully understood what he meant by it. He also mentioned that it could be running rich, which I think it does because it backfires like crazy :eek:. So what do I do now? Do I need to get it tuned or something? Also, the bike came with a Yoshi slip on.
I have zero experience with motorcycles, this is my first bike :eek:

· Registered
272 Posts
It only backfires on decceleration? Hard decel or any decel?

What kind of gas mileage are you getting?

did the previous owner give you the stock parts with the bike as well, or the jet kit package (so you know what brand and what was actually installed?) Did he do it himself or have it done by a "shop" ?

· Registered
16 Posts
More than likely its running lean, not rich. If he installed a jet kit, but didn't do it properly, or kept the same size jets, then that could lead to a lean engine add a slip-on to that and you lean it out even more.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It backfires all the time, on easy decel its sounds like its the exhaust is bubbling and especially loud on hard decel. I think he just did it himself in his garage. Its a Dynojet kit and he didnt give me any stock parts

· Premium Member
22,719 Posts
Yeah that's normally a sign of leanness. You didn't specify what your exhaust is on the bike. If you changed out the exhaust at all you might need to block your Kleen-Air from functioning (it allows air to be pulled into the exhaust).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.