Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

running temp..?

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Sandy Singles 
#1 ·
hi all
i just ahve a question about what temprature my ninja should run at its a 2002 zx636 not the new shape .when im going down the motorway at about 80mph it sits at about 90 to 92 degrees ive only owned monster trailys before so im not sure if this is right..?

#6 ·
thinking about it its got to be Fahrenheit which would be about 60 degrees c so that sounds about right..if it was celcius it would be 200 plus Fahrenheit and i think aluminum melts before then doesent it..?
I hope not because when I am sitting at a light my bike will get up to 210. Now that I think about it when I parked my bike today it reached 223 degrees F

------

2003 Red 636

#8 ·
If you read the owner's manual, it says that you are good up until 238 F. Anything above that and the temp will start flashing to let you know to either get moving or shut it off.
It was about 95 today and with a lot of riding mine never went past 215, and I could hear and feel the fan kick on at a couple of lights. If you get above 238, you may have a problem.

#14 ·
I know on my 02 going down the road I usually run around 165-170, but in town with the stop and go traffic during the day, itll usually run anywhere from 210-218. Fan kicks in at 215 and man can I feel it, usually where jeans for protection..but anyway I just wanted to say how great all of you are..Im very glad to have found this web site...Here's to all of you. S[8D]

------

Circumstances Rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.