Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK we started painting the bike last night problem is the guy who gave me the primer had primer used for winter time. The primer ran like crazy we thought we wet sanded all of the runs out but a few runs from the primer showed through the black paint. We only did the tank (which came out good), fender (which came out good), tail piece (which had the most)
and upper fairing (which was ok).

I just wanted to know if we can still sand those runs down? I bought some more primer for the rest of the pieces so it should be anymore runs.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can still sand them out but obviously you are going to have to respray your color. I am assuming the black you are talking about was your color coat.

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Sand, then sand, and when your done, sand, then sand some more. You're almost finished cept' you have to sand some more, then a little bit more. Now clean it all off, re-spray, and sand, sand, sand. Sand some more, and some more and then hurry up and add a little more sanding.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
as everyone else has already said, keep sanding... i think trig missed a couple steps in there somewhere... if you want it to look good you have to sand all the color off where the run is and get the run out of the primer... then spray more primer and more color, wet sand it to get it all purrrdy then spray your clear coat, and you guessed it sand some more...

as nevada said spraying black is a biatch cause it shows every little mistake...

·
Registered
316 Posts
question about the sanding. when you color sand it, u end up getting a dull finish. are you supposed to buff it and then spray the clear or will the clear itself be good without buffing after the color sanding?

·
Registered
356 Posts
And in the future, if you get runs in the primer, or have fixed dents, you want to spray a second layer of primer that is a different color. Very lightly, don't worry about full coverage. Then wet sand. Any irregularaties will instantly show up as the different color will either not sand off, or will sand off early. Depending on whether you have a low, or a high spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.