Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New to the boards. I am about to store my bike for the winter in my garage. I have already put it on stands, changed oil, and put fuel stabilizer. I was wondering what I can use to prevent rust. Also, is there a good product that prevents condensation from forming on the stored bike? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Rust on where? I never had anything rust on my bike, and I drove it in the snow and everything. As for condensation, I suggest covering it with two covers; one soft one and one tought nylon one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you keep your bike waxed that will keep it from rusting. If your bike is garaged you can cover it with a furniture cover. It breathes and keeps the dust off.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
What is winter storage?[:p]

·
Registered
493 Posts
"If you keep your bike waxed that will keep it from rusting. If your bike is garaged you can cover it with a furniture cover. It breathes and keeps the dust off."

plastic wont rust regardless of wax.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have a look at your exhaust manifold. On my old 6-E it really rusted by water coming off of the front wheel down the rad. I've been coating the manifold on my 6-R with this aircraft rust proofing agent my dad gave me. I'd advise you to coat yours with some sort of rust prevention aid over the winter.
I live in Toronto and have yet to winterize. I was out on Sunday and it was BEAUTIFUL! Frost bite builds character! :D

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by TommyV
Originally posted by mred
What is winter storage?[:p]
Fuck you ed!!!!!!! I'm moving to Hawaii when I'm rich and famous.......
lol...:D:D:D

BTW: I use to live up North, glad it was when I was a kid and not old enough to drive.;)

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by charlies_angel
Have a look at your exhaust manifold. On my old 6-E it really rusted by water coming off of the front wheel down the rad. I've been coating the manifold on my 6-R with this aircraft rust proofing agent my dad gave me. I'd advise you to coat yours with some sort of rust prevention aid over the winter.
I live in Toronto and have yet to winterize. I was out on Sunday and it was BEAUTIFUL! Frost bite builds character! :D
You will get a small ammount of surface rust, but not much more then that. The header pipes are stainless steel, a low grade of stainless mind you, which is why they get a bit of surface rust, but they should not rust a lot in normal riding..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.