Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it must mean Stiff or Hard

Im entirely street driving what should i set mine at?

2006 636

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually I'm pretty sure it means "Soft" and "Hard". Turning one way the forks are set softer, the other way they are set harder. I think that is for compresion not rebound, but check the manual.

You can check you owners manual to see how to set them. Generally heavy guys need the suspension set harder and lighter guys softer, but it's personal preference really.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,495 Posts
Soft and Hard...it's for compression damping. But it's also the same directions for the spring preload, too (the nut fitting that the screw head sits inside of on the top of the forks). The stock settings should be OK unless you're actually going to set your static sag...but that can be very complicated if you don't know exactly what you're doing. I'd leave it alone, or have a shop set it up for you. You can really mess things up if you just start tinkering.

·
Registered
550 Posts
It's the rebound damping adjustment -- the compression damping adjustment is down at the bottom of the fork, just above the axle.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha i didnt read my original post...stiff or hard, lol same thing i meant Soft or Hard

haha

oh well thanks for the replys....so im not touching it lol

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
what's up with you hotstriker? lol.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
No, no no...your all wrong. The S and H actually stand for Sad and Happy. So if your in a bad mood, or feeling down, turn both all the way to the S setting. Conversely, if you just got laid and are feeling all good about yourself, the the full H setting is the way to go.

Thats just my opinion though[}:)][}:)]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.