Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning a trip in the next couple of weeks and i decided i'd rather take my bike. Just wondering what saddlebags fit best for an '06 zx-6r? Or is there something else i should look into? Are saddlebags big enough for a week or two worth of clothes???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh and the reason i ask is with the undertail exhaust will a saddlebag cause problems?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I have a set of saddle bags and a tail bag that I had bought for my old YZF that I plan on using for a trip to Vegas this weekend. The saddle bags are close to the exhaust so I will see how they work out soon enough.

I dont think the saddle bags alone are enought for a week or 2 of clothing but deffinatly for 2 or 3 days worth. With the tail bag thrown in and packing light and smart you might be good for a weeks worth of changes. Just do laundry whenever you can and you should be fine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply, that's what i'm trying to figure out is what's the best thing for me to get...i will also have a backpack on as well

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I will see about getting some pics tomorrow with my saddle bags on the bike. I just did a fender eliminator and tossed all the plastic crap around the stock can. An aftermarket pipe will give alot more clearance between the can and the saddle bags.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but the can is under the seat, don't the straps from the saddle go under the seat?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I did a four day trip and a three day trip this past month. I used Cortech Sport saddlebags with the Cortech regular (larger) tailbag. Worked great. Here a pic (with the "Tank Locker" tank bag from Luggage Locker too):

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have the Tourmaster Cortech Sport saddlebags as well... Did a roadtrip last weekend with my gf to Lancaster (amish country)... about 200 miles each way...

For 2 people it had enough space for 2 days worth of clothes for both of us. With just one person you also have room for a tailbag and backpack (put all the light stuff in the backpack!)... I also have a tank bag that is a 2pc bag but I only brought the smaller one with me.

I am picking up an 06 tomorrow and was going to let you know how the bags fit on that, but it looks like garry already gave it a go with good results!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah ffej let me know how it works out, and it looks as if i will need saddlebags as well as the tailbag. garry that setup looks awesome, where did you get everything because that is exactly what i am looking for

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by Jibbs
yeah ffej let me know how it works out, and it looks as if i will need saddlebags as well as the tailbag. garry that setup looks awesome, where did you get everything because that is exactly what i am looking for
I got the Cortech luggage for Xmas. I think my wife bought them from www.sporttour.com. The saddlebags cost $117, the tailbag costs $81. Works great. I got the tank bag direct from www.LuggageLocker.com. Also works great.

http://www.sporttour.com/luggage/motorcycle_bags.htm

·
Registered
759 Posts
Originally posted by Jibbs
so garry you never had any problems with the undertail exhaust heating up the straps?
How/why would the straps get hot? They just sit on top of the pillion seat. I connect straps to the pillion footpegs to secure the front of the saddlebags and connect the rear of the saddlebags together, running a strap under the license plate light to keep the bags from sliding forward. No bungies involved at all. The tailbag sits on top of the whole mess and attaches to the saddlebags using those fastex clips. All clips/straps come with the luggage.

·
Registered
54 Posts
A little better shot of the tourmaster bags mounted

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.