Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have a 2000 zx7 with a salvage title that i bought for $2200,the frame,sub-frame,swingarm,and forks are all straight,it looks like it was vandalized with a hammer on the street plastics you can see hammer marks on them ,and the tank,i planned on making it a track bike but have been thinking about putting it on the road, i know it varies from state to state but is it a real pain in the ass to get it stree legal again or should i just part it out,i just spent $1200 to get the motor rebuilt,cauze i really miss riding on the street,would i make more parting it or selling it as a track bike
thanks in advance.......the motor isnt in the bike in the pics thats why theres no pipe im dropping the bike off to have the motor put in this weekend...

·
Registered
259 Posts
naw it not hard
you just have to reregister the entire bike. frame sub fram swing are and motor.
They will give you a new title then

·
Registered
218 Posts
Like you said it varied from state to state, but it usally isn't that hard. You need to take the bike itself to the dmv. And let them inspect it(some times there maybe a outside source, but your local motor vehicle will tell you what to do)they are suppose to check to insure that there are no stolen parts. But all I did was took the bare frame and they varifed the numbers match the title and that was it in South Carolina.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.