Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i have been doing alot of reasearch on the new 250s over the past few months (checking craigs list EVERYDAY) kind of a sickness i think. I would say i have issues. anyway i have seeen some going for great prices but the catch is that they have sustained some damage and the titles are salvaged. what is you alls take on a title that is salvaged i can get one with a salvaged title for around 2000 to 2100.

I also have been offered a blue ninja 250r that has been slide/dropped and has 600 miles on it for 3500 dollars. The catch is that the owner has not paid the bike off and doesnt have the title in hand so i would have to wait. Also the owner fixed the damage which included the entire left fairings and the shifter.

O this is my first bike also and I passed up a pretty nice suzuki 600 for a nice price for that exact reason. (still wondering if that was such a good idea):confused:

Thanks fellas for the help.

·
Registered
315 Posts
This is my first bike as well, but my general rule (with cars) is to stay away from salvaged titles if you are going to use it for regular transportation. If the frame is damaged, you may never be able to ride straight. Just my opinion, other more experienced riders may have different advice.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The Blue one......... No. A Salvaged title if it's fixed or you can do the work for $2000? Yes. Good deal.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If you are considering a salvage title, check with your state's DMW to see what is necessary to register it. Also, check with your insurer to see what insurance you can get (usually only liability), or if they'll even insure it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you are considering a salvage title, check with your state's DMW to see what is necessary to register it..
For sure check with dmv, they have different types of salvage titles now days. Some of them can never be registered for the road.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the replies guys I was somewhat weary on a salvaged title hopefully I will not have to go that route as someone is thinking about my offer on the blue ninja i stated above i offered the person 3100 for it and they are thinking about it and will get back to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts