Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me a link or info on track days near San Diego. I am looking for the novice/beginner type track days and any info anyone may have pertaning to this. Im sure there is a track near by and they probably have a website with all the info. Anyone got a link?

·
Registered
354 Posts
All of the ones that I know about are out of the SD area...fast track,. So Cal riders and etc...I don't think there are any tracks in SD...The closes to us is Irindale...about 11/2 hours up the road

·
Registered
354 Posts
Here is the link to Irindale http://www.californiaspeedway.com/....if you go to Fast Track Riders they are having a track day there in December...I like Fast Track riders becuase of the "staged" track..different levels of riders ride in groups...Some people don't like it becuase you are on for 20 mins. then you could be off for 40 mins. (if they are running 3 groups). So Cal Riders runs an open track..which means all level of riders are on the track will, I think, unlimited time. For me at my beginner level I find that I am intimated on an "open" track...But there is no safety issue here it is just me...

I found a fun track was Buttonwillow..that is about 4-5hrs away...and the Streets of Willow is about 3 hrs way has alot of turns

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked into willow springs but you had to take the class for like $200 and then pay another $150 or so for track time. Too pricey.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks like it is about $200 for Fast Track at Cal. Speed way....The weekend of Dec 12,13 & 14 is the big Motorcycle Show in Long Beach...otherwise I would be thinking about Fast Track that weekend...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try out www.mtctrackday.com or www.trackdaz.com. Both run track days at Streets of Willow, Big Willow and ButtonWillow. I think trackdaz is pretty much done for the year, but mtctrackday has some days next week and one in December. MTCtrackday are usually during the week but they are normally around $100, which includes lunch and a t-shirt. They run two groups, street and race in 30 minute sessions and if big enough will run three groups novice, intermediate and race in 20 minute sessions. Same with Trackdaz but they are more expensive, in the 140-150 range with no lunch or t-shirt. But they do have weekend events, and offer the second day at a reduced price.
Good Luck and get to the track. It's the only good place to learn your limits.
Bob[:M6]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try out www.mtctrackday.com or www.trackdaz.com. Both run track days at Streets of Willow, Big Willow and ButtonWillow. I think trackdaz is pretty much done for the year, but mtctrackday has some days next week and one in December. MTCtrackday are usually during the week but they are normally around $100, which includes lunch and a t-shirt. They run two groups, street and race in 30 minute sessions and if big enough will run three groups novice, intermediate and race in 20 minute sessions. Same with Trackdaz but they are more expensive, in the 140-150 range with no lunch or t-shirt. But they do have weekend events, and offer the second day at a reduced price.
Good Luck and get to the track. It's the only good place to learn your limits.
Bob[:M6]

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you go I-15 north from san diego, exit east at the SECOND pomerado road exit by lake hodges. Highland valley is the first light. Take a left and get ready to have alot of fun. Watch the fist uphill twisty section as it can have some dirt on the turns but when you get down into the wooded area it is a blast. There are some very tight turns and you will usually see guys doing laps on the weekends. The road ends up in ramona but most guys turn around after the VERY tight tuns on a hill side that open up to a straight section. If your not sure just go till you hit a stop sign then turn around. If you want to hit more great roads out there to make a loop let me know and I will give you the 411

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It looks like no one will let you on a track without the safety school so Ill have to do that $100. Then Ive got to get some of the required gear, but it looks like fasttrackriders streets of button willow is the best bet for me. it is a daily of $112 which I guess is still cheaper than a ticket. It will be awhile till I can afford everything.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I didn't even thing about safety school thing...at the beging of the year I did two days a STARR school...I mainly run Hwy 94, cross into Tecate for a few tacos and back home...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I rode down that way on sunday. We came through harbison and dehesa then up to japatul. Nice fast sweepers. Very different from the super tight stuff on highland valley. There are also a lot of quick elevation changes on highland.
Dec. 7th we are planning a ride down into tecate and back up to north county. It is a Yamaha Warrior owners group but sun. we had a Duc 916 with us and everyone is always welcome. Sometimes I ride the ZX6 when I want to remind the guys they are still on cruisers:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.