1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
i don't know if this helps you man... but i have sato's on my 6r, and they don't stick out any farther than other sliders. Like, my buddy has shogun sliders, and they both stick out the same distance (just as far as the bar ends). the difference is mine look smaller because they are slightly tapered.

like i said, I know you're asking about a 250, so I dunno if this helps, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
775 Posts
The bracket will bend inward and become uselss.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah it definitely looks like that long gap where the bracket mounts between would be the first point to fail.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah it definitely looks like that long gap where the bracket mounts between would be the first point to fail.
aluminum aircraft type metal can withstand pressures way beyond 325lbs at ~60mph hitting asphalt. plus you kind of want it to crumple because it absorb the initial blow.

i am not afraid of the bracket, i'm afraid of the bolts stripping of

·
Registered
188 Posts
i'd be nervous of it being bolted to my cases. seems like a bad idea. looks like it'd come out the same place that the shogun sliders do. see this thread

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sato has used this same type of mounting system on the GSXR600/750 for 3 years, as well as other bikes, CBR1000RR ZX6, Buell, Etc.

It has worked very well, including the bolt design that holes the slider on, they have not broken off, the slider has worked as designed.

Looking at the pictures of the Sato's and the Shogun sliders, the first thing I see is how long the Shogun sliders are.

This is something Sato tries to avoid as the longer the slider the more leverage there is working against the bolt and the mount.

I will mount a set up on the bike I have here and take some pictures with the fairing on.
This bike has a race fairing on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
i'd bet the sato ones extend out about the same amount as the shogun sliders, it just looks to be split up between the mount and the slider itself. not sure if that makes a difference or not.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Sato has used this same type of mounting system on the GSXR600/750 for 3 years, as well as other bikes, CBR1000RR ZX6, Buell, Etc.

It has worked very well, including the bolt design that holes the slider on, they have not broken off, the slider has worked as designed.

Looking at the pictures of the Sato's and the Shogun sliders, the first thing I see is how long the Shogun sliders are.

This is something Sato tries to avoid as the longer the slider the more leverage there is working against the bolt and the mount.

I will mount a set up on the bike I have here and take some pictures with the fairing on.
This bike has a race fairing on it.

Dan I understand you are a site sponser and sell Sato. But go back and look at the GSXR,1000RR's. They both have a backing. They are not hanging in between two bolts with no backing behind it.

Also do you have any racers that you are backing on the 250 that you are willing to send a set and back up the claim?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Dan I understand you are a site sponser and sell Sato. But go back and look at the GSXR,1000RR's. They both have a backing. They are not hanging in between two bolts with no backing behind it.

Also do you have any racers that you are backing on the 250 that you are willing to send a set and back up the claim?
Here are links to pictures of the CBR1000RR 2008-09 sliders and the GSXR600/750 2006-09.
We have just gotten the 250R sliders, yes we will put them on any of the 250 guys we are helping, and if any "test" them I will post pictures.

http://www.satoracing.com/frameslider08cbr1000rrr.htm

http://www.satoracing.com/frameslider06gsxr600.htm

·
Registered
775 Posts
I see what you are saying. But like I said there is an engine case as a backing. This was the problem that, when talking to Eric from Woodcraft we encountered. Even the engine mount bolts are a good 2 inches from the engine. All of the ones that Sato has have the backing of a hard part behind it. I have seen Sato framesliders at work. And they work well. I was simply stating that these don't look like they will. But as we know you are in the Business to sell parts. I know from personal experience from dealing with your company that you guys are top rate. But you have to agree that these could have been designed better.

Reactions: CRXTrek
1 - 13 of 13 Posts