Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,897 Posts
Err...I had the plain silver Sato's before my wreck, and didn't really know that each individual nut and bolt and washer has it's own part number and they're completely rebuildable, so I bought a set of Vortex adjustibles to replace them because they were cheap, and I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since. The quality of materials and workmanship is top-notch (next to some nice Attack rearsets, but you pay out the ass for those). Basically they look exactly like what you think they'd look like. Pretty much any of the colors would go well with our bikes...the gold is a decently close match to the fork color (the rearsets are a little more gold and a little less orange, but it's close enough), the black matches well with any black bits, and the silver matches well with any silver bits (depending on the year of your bike, if you have a black or silver frame/subframe/wheels/etc). I don't have any pics at work with me, though...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have the vortex rear sets and can't stand them! went to my first track day this past weekend and felt the pegs bend alittle on the outer part. not to mention not alot of grip on the pegs. just curious, my friend has sato's and swears by them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For my bike I got some LSL adjustable rearsets. I love them. The craftsmanship is phenomenal, and they are very comfortable and easy to assemble. ONE WORD OF CAUTION THOUGH: USE LOCTITE!!!!! When I first put mine together I didnt use loctite, and the first time I rode with them, I lost a footpeg at 75mph. I looked like a fool running down the side of the highway to grab my footpeg that was laying in the middle of the road.

[V]

--Nate
Check out kneedraggers.com under foot controls

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
personally i think the gilles looks better that's why i went with it. also i know two guys who go to the track regularly and their sato pegs always fall off. even with red lock tight applied(they have a 04 zx-10 and a gsxr)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
oh ya i forgot to add. if i wasn't so daym picky and didn't want gold. i would of just saved my money and bought vortex. to me rearsets don't really do much other then foot peg posistion and the smoothness of shifting(wich i can live with out)

·
Registered
171 Posts
In your case sceptar, I would have to say that the gold gilles look good on your bike. However, for me personally, I have a black '03 and the color of the LSL's is great for my bike, and in my opinion, the gilles looked kinda chessy to me.

--Nate

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
^i was comparing the sato's and gilles not the lsl's

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've got Gillies - Brilliant. Amazing feel. I've never had any experience with any other set except stock though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have Attack's on my ZX-10 and love them...may be picking up a set for the ZX-6 now that I got her fixed up...

Those Gilles look sweet in gold!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only thing I dont like about the LSL's is that they dont fold. They kinda get in the way while walking the bike, or backing it up. The instructions are quite difficult to read as well, they are 90% german. good thing I can read pictures.:D

--Nate

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
I have seen a shitloaid of rearsets and been on bikes with them..
vortex-Good for the money
Gilles-pricey good quality but when in the farther back positions they get Flex.
attack-pretty damn good and no to bad on price
Arata-on par with the Sato's THE BEST
Sato's-The Best

make sure you locktite all the nuts and bolts or you be'll losing parts.
Also as stated The ARATA's & Sato's are fully rebuildable

check this link out...... www.RC51.org

·
Registered
579 Posts
Go with the Sato rearsets if you plan on tracking. There is like 7 or 8 different positions you can make them. Plus THEY'RE SATOS! :D

·
Registered
763 Posts
with any aftermarket rear sets (mainly intrested in the Sato's or Vortex, altho those Rizoma look kinda nice) ... does the stock rear brake actuator and all still work or what?

cause i see Vortex sells a Brake Light Inline Pressure Switch to be used with the rear sets, so i wasnt really sure how that all worked?

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,897 Posts
Originally posted by stylin97
with any aftermarket rear sets (mainly intrested in the Sato's or Vortex, altho those Rizoma look kinda nice) ... does the stock rear brake actuator and all still work or what?

cause i see Vortex sells a Brake Light Inline Pressure Switch to be used with the rear sets, so i wasnt really sure how that all worked?
I don't know of any adjustible rearsets that come with pressure switches...and the stock ones usually don't work with them. You have to buy a new one to keep the rear brake light. I just went without.

Also, I have LSL sliders, and I love them...the look and quality of materials is top notch...I'm really interested in those LSL rearsets...I love the sliding adjusters...infinite adjustability... good stuff.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.