Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a single tire skid today on the freeway fast lane.
The skid started out straight ,
then wiggled side to side ,
then veered off left into the hard concrete wall.
There were no car skids , just the one skid
I'm guessing the unknown rider had panicked on the rear brake.
It was just a sad moment during an otherwise nice day

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think they should take the rear brake lever off all sportbikes at the dealership if its your first bike. Come back and get it put on in one year.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I think they should take the rear brake lever off all sportbikes at the dealership if its your first bike. Come back and get it put on in one year.
That's the stupidest thing I've read or heard so far this morning. If it's your first bike you should learn to use the damn thing (the bike) before just going and riding it. I know you learn while riding but you shouldn't be learning to brake on the freeway and truthfully you shouldn't even have to brake on the freeway (if all the drivers and riders did what they were supposed to--there ain't no stop signs on the freeway)

·
Registered
205 Posts
i understand your reasoning for this one but at the same time how many beginners will drop their bike during parking manuevers because they only had a front brake to grab at a slow speed with the bars turned? then again a low speed tip over is far better then a high or low side on the highway.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Please, please don't be the next "Another Nobody"....

·
Banned
19 Posts
if your supid enough to lock up the RB on the highway then thats darwin's theory at work....

all you have to do is let off the damn thing

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's the stupidest thing I've read or heard so far this morning. If it's your first bike you should learn to use the damn thing (the bike) before just going and riding it. I know you learn while riding but you shouldn't be learning to brake on the freeway and truthfully you shouldn't even have to brake on the freeway (if all the drivers and riders did what they were supposed to--there ain't no stop signs on the freeway)
Calm down sparky. It was a joke more than anything else.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
most ppl don't have rear brake control simple as that, first thought in your head when your hard on the brakes is DON'T touch that pedal lol

·
Steve Mcqueen Wannabe!
36,924 Posts
What if he had a tire failure? Maybe it wasnt darwinism, maybe it was crappy tires/luck... Seems wierd to happen on a freeway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts