Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was up at VIR this weekend and i was talking this girl riding a 6rr, who had also lowered her bike. but i also noticed that she had an shorter aftermarket sidestand. i tried to find out what brand/where she got it, but all she knew was that the dealer had lowered her bike for her and put it on when she got it. it was thick around and chrome looking. i have searched every where i can think of on the internet since it got home with no luck so far. so, i am wondering if anybody has seen this or has any info on what brand/where i could pick one of these up?

right now i have my kickstand bent to lean my bike when i park it, but it looks pretty gay and i don't know how stable it will be in the long run.

help please:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried all of those places, but no luck. i found alonger one, but no short ones. anyone else that might have seen something like this before?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
C'mon - you're a resourceful girl. I'm sure there's someone local to ya that could cut down the stock piece, weld it back up and polish it to look nice.

·
Registered
348 Posts
HI Silverzx6r
OH DAMN! your a girl!?
I though you were a guy this whole time, Doh!
anyways, I was searching the threads looking for the exact same thing,
my new (new to me; but used) 02 zx6r is tall! I have to tippie toe it.
I already dropped it once! Double Doh!
I put my put down when I was parking it, and BAM!
My foot slipped on some oil and shot right out.
Nothing was damaged, just my ego (have frame sliders :)

OK back to the point, I need to lower my bike too,
and from what I found, you can take off your side stand, and take it to a welding place (I guess any place that can do iron fences or what not)
And have them cut off about 1" off the bottom. Then splay open the new bottom to create a new foot.
(I guess it would be helpful to have a 2nd stand handy, otherwise you'd have to lean you bike on something)
good luck
Ken

If you have problems finding a welder, lemme know, I think my friend might be able to do it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Take the stand to a machine shop or welder. (Yellow Pages)

Have then cut the pad off the bottom and grind the excess off the pad, cut the proper amount off the bottom, and weld the pad back on. A shot of paint and you are ready to roll.

Check eBay for a stock sidestand or maybe someone on the board has one left over from a converted race bike. I got my extra stand for 10 bucks shipped.

Here's one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35599&item=2431936577

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Strong Bad

C'mon - you're a resourceful girl. I'm sure there's someone local to ya that could cut down the stock piece, weld it back up and polish it to look nice.
hehe, yeah i know ... i think that is what i am gonna have to do...i was having a ricer moment and lusting for that blingy little piece

btw, thanks for your input guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.