Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div align="left">Saw the zx10r, z750 and the 04 636 today.

What I noticed was that Kawi had put a lighter rear spring on the 636. Not too early for that. I doubt there's been any other big modifications (well ofcourse the decals) since 03.
The 636 I saw was coloured silver.

The 10r looks fine. First thing I noticed when I sat on it was that the plastic covers under the seat make funny noises if you touch them. And I bet they're quite easy to scratch as well.
Probably the first bike to have an oval stock canister ?
No technical specs regarding the power or the weight was given.
The mirrors reminded me of the 00 R1 mirrors, they don't stick out as far as on the R1 tough.

And the z750.. Didn't sit on this one. Looks ok (saw it in black). Oval canister as in the zx10r. What more do u need to know? ;)

The 10r isn't for sure exactly the same as the ones coming for sales purposes, this one was a proto.

No RR on display :( </div id="left">

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 10 ain't out here yet. It's a promo tour where the kawi dealers have a chance to introduce the newcomer to their customers.
It doesn't feel heavy at all. The ride height is about the same as on the sixer.
And I just sat on it, didn't ride it. :)

But I don't see many reasons why I couldn't own one..
This time I won't hesitate, I'll wait and see what happends when the new R1 gets released :)

No bike changes in mind, atleast at the moment ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by creep
The 10 ain't out here yet. It's a promo tour where the kawi dealers have a chance to introduce the newcomer to their customers.
It doesn't feel heavy at all. The ride height is about the same as on the sixer.
And I just sat on it, didn't ride it. :)

But I don't see many reasons why I couldn't own one..
This time I won't hesitate, I'll wait and see what happends when the new R1 gets released :)

No bike changes in mind, atleast at the moment ;)
Sounds nice though. I heard it had a very compact and almost 600 look about it. I'm just waiting around myself, and for the same reasons it sounds like you are. If Im gonna pay 10k, its gonna be for the best bike I can get. I love kawasaki, but right now I only have looks to go off of, and personally I like the look of the yamaha better. But when they realse the spec's.. Hopefully soon, then I will have some time to think about the actual purchuse.

[:M121]

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by CDRacingZX6R

I heard it had a very compact and almost 600 look about it.
Yes it's very compact, looks and feels light and small. Weight (dry?) felt comparable to 6R. Also riding position and general feel is quite similar to 6R, the riding position might be a little bit roomier. And because it was prototype demo bike and there was 10 cm of snow outside the bike shop the biggest difference apart from the looks to the 6R (+50hp [:p]) wasn't that noticeable :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
They had the new Kawasaki sportbikes at the motoGP Expo
at Phillip Island
The zx10r looks the mutts nuts ![:p]

mfzx6r

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.