Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this site....like it alot.....

I am a die hard 6R fan and am an avid biker. I own a 2000 6R black/silver Canadian model and have plenty of mods done.....but alway looking for more to do.Hope I can share with others and learn as well.......yea, I'm a mechanic at our local Kawasaki shop too...have lots of inside information, hope to be a service.

Later

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hey Jason, glad to see ya made it over. Q for ya...did you jet your own bike? Or someone at your shop at least? I may finally jet my bike next season and the local shop hasn't done too many. I know your bike flys, so I'd rather have whoever worked on yours do mine than the local shop. Your shop is not too far away anyway. One more, what kit do you have Factory, or Dynojet (or even Ivan's)???

Edited by - Grunt_99 on 10/01/2002 23:27:38

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
We're both on the East coast, I'm in PEI (CH'town) and I think Jason works in Sussex NB (roughly between Moncton and Saint John). That's not a long ride for me. We were at the Shubie track school in Nova Scotia together where I witnessed him tearing up that track first-hand.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey everone just found this site. it's great to see that there are more people like me out there. I haven't had mine long but already I woulnd'n't give it up, except of cousre for a new 636.ZX6R2NV I live just outside of T.O. do you know any good roads around the gta.

Canada Kicks Ass

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey all,

I did not do the origional jetting for my bike, it was done when I bought it. Although I have had it apart a couple of times to sort out a float bowl issue....fun fun.I do believe it is a Dynojet Kit.
As far as to recommend a kit, it is very hard to pick one without the benefit of a dyno. Around here I always suggest to people to research what others have done and compare it to what you would like to do.
There are a thousand combinations of stuff to be thrown together and try to sort out......then there is the money factor....Have a local guy with a 2001 ZX6r,full Muzzy.....rest stock. For real world reasons we are working with Kawasaki stock parts and creating our own jet kit. Easily 1/4 the cost of aftermarket stuff.....makes you think.

I will suggest that all of you ZX6R try the revised KLEEN mod to see if it makes the same difference on your bikes as it did for mine....might put you out 5.00 if you don't already have the stuff at home.

Later

Jason

Everyone has their own thing.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.