Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well once I get out of work today, I will take a few snaps of my 250 and then it’s off to the dealer for a trade in. I’m going to be upgrading to an 05 636 tonight and can’t wait to get my hands on it. The 250 has been a great bike and if I had to, I would definitely buy it as my first bike all over again.

Reactions: Eurosport

·
Registered
94 Posts
i'm just going to say, good luck with the new bike and becareful. The power difference between the two bikes is huge.....and last of all......pics!!!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dude, you're gonna get SO boned on a trade in. If you have the means, get the 636 and sell the 250 private party. If it's a new gen you'll get top $$.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats man - the 250 is a great bike. Great beginner bike and I too will be getting a new bike say in the spring when school lets out.

Post pics of the 636 when you get it - also like AJ posted above - sell the 250R locally/privately as the stealership will rob you.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah I think I got a pretty fair trade on my bike. I got 3300 for it. A little less than I could get selling on my own, but I tried that (this forum, newspaper, craigslist) and in 3 weeks hadn't gotten much if any response.

The guy owns his own shop and races on the weekends. He is a dealer of strictly used sport bikes. Nice guy and has offered to give me riding lessons and advice and take me to the track some time.

I'll post pics of the new bike when I can. I picked it up late last night, and today is kinda shotty as far as the weather, but this afternoon is supposed to be nice.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Old" 250

ZX636

Reactions: workdaddy

·
Registered
315 Posts
That 636 is hot. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get it for??

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The pre-trade in was around 6 after tax and everything else, and for NY that's not bad. The dealer gave me 3300 like I said so all in all I'm happy with everything.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The pre-trade in was around 6 after tax and everything else, and for NY that's not bad. The dealer gave me 3300 like I said so all in all I'm happy with everything.
Not bad at all, some dealers down here were charging 5500 for a new 250R back in July.

·
Registered
233 Posts
....you let me down man....

You had it right with the 250 and you went and traded it for that!
*sigh* We should all know by now based on those pictures that the 250 was much faster then that 636.
(kawi green joke for anyone that didn't catch on)

But really, it's a beautiful bike, enjoy it and be safe!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really liked the 250, and [joke]I know I traded down in performance from Kawi green to plasma blue[/joke], but the 636 fits me better for my size. I felt all awkward on the 250 sometimes.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I really liked the 250, *SNIP SNIP*but the 636 fits me better for my size. I felt all awkward on the 250 sometimes.

You know if it was a little too low for your liking, they have this medical procedure that I saw on Jerry Springer one night... (That is if you were too tall for it). They relocate the foot to the knee.....:Laughing rolling:

In all seriousness... Nice upgrade. Since the wife has pretty much taken over the lil' 2fitty of mine. I would love to get a VI-III-VI... Whatever size it is, just watch out for cagers and ride with in da' limits... Thanks for sharing pics.. REP sent for a nice bike.:D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know if it was a little too low for your liking, they have this medical procedure that I saw on Jerry Springer one night... (That is if you were too tall for it). They relocate the foot to the knee.....:Laughing rolling:

Yeah man it was bad. I'm 6'4 - 6'5" depending on the boots I'm wearing and it just felt way weird on a small bike. I'll have to get the pics of me on the 250 before I sold it but my knees came above the tank in normal riding posture.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah man it was bad. I'm 6'4 - 6'5" depending on the boots I'm wearing and it just felt way weird on a small bike. I'll have to get the pics of me on the 250 before I sold it but my knees came above the tank in normal riding posture.
I feel ya there man - Im like 6'3 with my boots and I really dwarf this bike. For me its the long distance traveling that gets uncomfortable for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts