Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,691 Posts
It's all relative to how much you weigh. Personally, I drop and whack it open at 8k and she lofts up for me, then I sorta hesitate with the throttle once up to keep it from looping and give as much gas as needed to hold 'er there for a bit.

Anybody trying these for the first time, for the love of God, please cover the back brake in case you come up too hard, as -Gary has suggested several times. I don't wanna be to blame for someone looping a brand new 636... baby steps is a good philosophy.

· Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Deftone636

I've yet to try another one, i probably will tonight, i just gotta get comfy with the revs, i weigh in at a hefty 135lbs, so might not need to rev like some 200lb-ers so get my wheel up, anyway wish me luck.
I ride with a 130-pounder, and if he rides my bike and just plain rolls on in first or second WOT the wheel starts flyin' up on him. He doesn't need to clutch, he doesn't need to chop throttle, just gas through the gears and he can't HELP but power-wheelie. You should be in the same boat. Once it hits that 8k rpm mark, she'll lift if you just roll it to the stop. :D

You know, I'm not one to recommend wheelying the bike in town especially through the tight residential areas as I've always said, but I don't care WHO you are, there's just something grin-making about a nice smooth wheelie away from the stops. :D:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.