Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
You dont have to open the throttle "all the way." Just get going in 1st gear to about 6-7k RPM, and get off the gas, and then GOOSE it back on. All of that has to be done within a split second. Dont ride, get off the gas, then wait and hit it again. The whole point of getting off and then back in is to let the front forks compress when your off the gas thus "rebounding" you into the air once you hit the gas again. Make sure your not pulling up on the handlebars when you hit the gas, cause that will throw everything way off and you could possibly land in a tank slapper. I dont know how your hand slipped off the grip[:0], thats just strange.

Anyway, just take your time and take baby steps. Dont rush anything. Before you know it, it will become 2nd nature. Learn 1st gear wheelies for a bit, then move on to 2nd gear, clutch them up. 2nd gear comes up much more easily and smooth, its not so violent.

And you answer your last question, if you gas it to bring it up, and you let off right away, the bike will come down. You have to bring the bike up to balance point then you can ease off and on the throttle to maintain height. YES you can flip the bike in first...i seen it first hand about a month ago, but when you first try wheelies, your always lower than what you think. 5 inches in the air, probably made you feel like it was 4 feet in the air.

Ride safe
Good luck

Mike

· Registered
56 Posts
I clutch mine up in first and 2nd gear. Clutch the bike up in first at slow speeds, say like 10-15 MPH...it will come up nice and smooth. Power wheelies in first are OK, but i would rather clutch it up cause it comes up every time at the same height. Powering up 1st gear is unpredictable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.