Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I will say thats the first time I heard of your clothing actually getting stuck to muscles and skin. :eek:

makes you think about wearing the right gear

I got everything but riding pants I guess. boots, jacket, helmet are always on including gloves but just a pair a of jeans I wear

·
Registered
626 Posts
thats why i wear my gear all the time. jacket, pants, gloves, helmet. i dont have boots, but the shoes i wear are my work shoes and have non-slip soles, full leather, over ankles, and steel toes and metatarsal plates (need protection against a 300 lb cylinder head falling on them!)

i rode in jeans to work ONCE, and i didnt feel safe. ATGATT for me. not leather, except parts of my jacket, but what i wear is better than jeans and a tshirt for sure. sometimes people need to see stuff like this before it happens to them. but its really up to the rider...i think its good for people to know the risks though.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Dayum, AUS is pretty blunt about it....me likey

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I got everything but riding pants I guess. boots, jacket, helmet are always on including gloves but just a pair a of jeans I wear

yea same here. i need to invest in some leather pants

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think every new rider should have to see some of the horrific injuries that I have personally witnessed in my 7 years of riding. I wear gear EVERY single time I ride. Even if it is a short trip. If I am leaving the parking lot I am in leather. Yesterday was the first time I rode without a jacket and that was only because some a-hole stole my helmet jacket, backpack, and gloves and left me stranded. I had a backup helmet and gloves at home but had to ride to get a jacket. I felt naked and exposed. I am a good rider and I was uncomfortable without a jacket, I dont see how these newbs do it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
See, this is what I love about our country. They won't make you wear the gear, but they sure as hell won't let you walk around ignorant of what will happen without it.

We have mandatory helmet laws though, but I fully support those.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Dang, pretty graphic...

Makes me want to invest in some overpants or kelvar jeans (or whatever those are called).
draggin jeans? i decided to get overpants...that way i just slip them on, ride to work, slip them off. get off work, put my gear on and go home. no need to change!

works out great for me...plus whatever pants im wearing underneath soak up sweat when its warm out, and when im moving it cools me off quite nicely.

i just dont see how people can ride without gear. after falling on fresh pavement and scarring my knee for life as a kid, i just dont see hitting asphalt at 40 MPH would be any better. better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
734 Posts
draggin jeans? i decided to get overpants...that way i just slip them on, ride to work, slip them off. get off work, put my gear on and go home. no need to change!

works out great for me...plus whatever pants im wearing underneath soak up sweat when its warm out, and when im moving it cools me off quite nicely.

i just dont see how people can ride without gear. after falling on fresh pavement and scarring my knee for life as a kid, i just dont see hitting asphalt at 40 MPH would be any better. better safe than sorry.
I wear my draggin jeans over my work pants/gym pants all the time. I can wear them by themselves too, and they actually look good enough for going out to dinner etc.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
i'm moving investing in overpants, actual riding gloves & boots up my list

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
We need commercials like that here in the states! :plusone: Rep to the OP!!!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Yes, thanks for posting those, mate. Wish we had more public service messages like that in the states, but you rarely even see the "Look Twice, Save A Life - Mororcycles Are Everywhere" bumper stickers any more. :(

I went on my first real ride yesterday since my accident in June. Back then I had a leather jacket and gloves on, but neglected my lower body. Of course that's where the injuries happened, including a knee operation and a badly contused ankle. Too many riders don't realize the importance of knee protection, but I will never ride again without it. While recuperating I bought a pair of THOR knee/shin protectors and wear them over a pair of Cortech DMX riding jeans with leather in the seat. While the jeans come with good CE Approved knee pads, I remove them in favor of the better coverage and protection of the THOR knee/shin protectors. I also now wear a good pair of AlpineStars boots. You really have to protect yourself literally from head to toe and not just concentrate on your upper body if you want to avoid a hospital stay after a crash.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Excellent videos and very scary. I didn't realize denim was only good for a half second of sliding...is that true?

:plusone: Rep'd for the post.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Dayum, AUS is pretty blunt about it....me likey
never seen those ads, their victorian only, in nsw never seen any ads about motorcycle riding.

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
Excellent videos and very scary. I didn't realize denim was only good for a half second of sliding...is that true?

:plusone: Rep'd for the post.
My denim didnt hold up for shit when I went down, and it was a (somewhat) low speed, lowside. :eek:

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Great. Now I need to find fat man riding pants. Gee, think it's time to diet and stop being retarded? I do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I love those.

I wear Riding jeans w/ field armor leg pieces under them every time I ride... My thighs are "exposed" to injury, but I'm hoping to get at least textile if not leather riding pants soon. I ride w/o gear when i'm switching my bike from the employee parking lot to the public lot at work for about 20 seconds and feel naked. I seriously have no idea how the squids do it. ATGATT or no riding for me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts