Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the bike fixed today. Got someone to bend my rotors back and went to take it for a ride. Everything was fine the whole night and I met up with some friends and we took it out to the highway. I took it up to around 95-100mph and started to feel a wobble. The weird thing about it was when i started to feel the wobble i slowed down to about 75 and took it back up to about 120 and it started to feel more like a hop. So i slowed back down and took it back up there and it was gone. We rode for about 15 more miles and i kept taking it back and forth up to speed and i didnt feel it anymore. What do you guys think it is?? Do you think my rotors are still bent?? I didnt loose any brake pressure the whole night so idk.

I also noticed my rear tire was kind of low as well and put some air in it before i went inside. Can a low rear tire cause a front wobble???

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
You can't fix what's not broken, as indicated by the end of your post.

You won't feel bent rotors at speed until you apply the brakes. The road itself can affect the way a bike feels, especially at higher speeds.

I wouldn't post about exceeding the speed limit, not a spot in the USA that has triple digit speed limit. LEO's do frequent bike forums.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Could have just been the grooves in the road, wind, or even the front tiring lifting up a bit if you were hard on the gas.

Coming home from Long Island one night, my buddy and I were on the Southern State Parkway. I got hard on the throttle while coming in to a sweeping turn and felt a little wobble / play in my handle bars - turns out my front end lifted slightly and as I was countersteering I felt a "loose" feeling in the bars - got off the gas a little, pushed the bike down a bit, and it was gone.

Best of luck

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
What do you mean by having your rotors bent back? They have to be very flat and straight or you are going to have big problems.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What you mean big problems?? My friend had flatten my rotor for me because it was causing me to loose brake pressure from when I fell off my bike.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was really tired when I wrote this but I need some suggestions on what to do. My rotors arent still bent right?? Seeing as I didnt loose any brake pressure the whole night. Ever since I dropped it though I started to hear what sounded like the bearings scratching. My friends said it was normal and I even hear it on other peoples bike when they roll it around. Its just I never heard it being this loud on mine.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
:Laughing rolling:you cant be serious...
I am, LEO use any tool available to find out what's going on in the public arena and we use MPH over here instead of your KM/h so 120 mph is your equivalent 193 km/h. But you should know all this, your Canadian and nothing is hidden from you so you canadians say about states media.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was really tired when I wrote this but I need some suggestions on what to do. My rotors arent still bent right?? Seeing as I didnt loose any brake pressure the whole night. Ever since I dropped it though I started to hear what sounded like the bearings scratching. My friends said it was normal and I even hear it on other peoples bike when they roll it around. Its just I never heard it being this loud on mine.
That sound probably comes from your chain, it's buzzing around which is normal :)

Those wobbles are probably caused by a piece of bad road.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
I don't know if your rotors are still bent, but I am curious what your friend did to straighten them. If your rotors were so hammered that they actually pushed the pistons in the calipers out and away from the rotor they should have been replaced. Damaged and warped motorcycle rotors should be replaced, not repaired.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well I got the bike fixed today. Got someone to bend my rotors back and went to take it for a ride.
Bend your rotors back??!

Look, if your that hard up for cash or your that lazy to just have them replaced, you should not be riding a motorcycle period.

You won't feel bent rotors at speed until you apply the brakes. The road itself can affect the way a bike feels, especially at higher speeds.

I wouldn't post about exceeding the speed limit, not a spot in the USA that has triple digit speed limit. LEO's do frequent bike forums.
:Laughing rolling:you cant be serious...
For real. What can an LEO do? Forums are not proof at all, I won't even bother to explain the millions reasons why. :headshake:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think it was just a bad peice of road...ive been riding the shit out of tonight and everything was fine...but yea i cant get enough of riding...its 4 am here right now and finna be back out here in 3 more hours...gotta go take a nap real quick...

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
You should not be able to hear your chain when riding your bike.. pushing it in the driveway sure, but not riding it. The only time you should ever hear your chain is when your on / off throttle at very low speeds when you can sometimes hear the slack being taken out of one side of the chain. Even then thats just something you hear some times but not a normal thing. If your hearing a "buzzing" coming from your chain its probably either way to tight or loose and you most likely havnt lubed it enough.

As for the wobble... if it never does it again... it was just probably something weird you did combined with the road you where on so I wouldnt worry about it if its not happening anymore.. as for your rotors, if they are bent, it wont effect anything except for when you apply the brake.. thats the only time you will feel it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Bend your rotors back??!

Look, if your that hard up for cash or your that lazy to just have them replaced, you should not be riding a motorcycle period.

For real. What can an LEO do? Forums are not proof at all, I won't even bother to explain the millions reasons why. :headshake:
What can a LEO do? If you have to ask your in the dark ages, long gone are the days of anonymous Internet and LEO having no way of utilizing the Internet.

No they aren't going to mail him a ticket but they can find out who he is, where he lives, where he works, who he associates with, and keep an extra eye on him and his riding friends. The best part is the only need to press keys on a keyboard to do it. Ever wonder how LEO decides where to put roadside cops? That's just one way.

Besides the LEO factor are you truely proud to be part of a group that is known for triple digit speeds on the road and posts that they do/have done so?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am, LEO use any tool available to find out what's going on in the public arena and we use MPH over here instead of your KM/h so 120 mph is your equivalent 193 km/h. But you should know all this, your Canadian and nothing is hidden from you so you canadians say about states media.
Dude, just stop talking. You're ridiculous.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well guess you guys were right probably was the stretch of road. Took it for a 3rd spin tonight and no wobbles...Guess my next upgrade is a steering damper because that did not feel good...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Well guess you guys were right probably was the stretch of road. Took it for a 3rd spin tonight and no wobbles...Guess my next upgrade is a steering damper because that did not feel good...
as stated above, yes. Go with Scotts, it won't steer you wrong, get it, lol. All jokes aside its one of the best dampers on the market and I've had one on all of my bikes. I'm actually anxious to see how it will feel on my dirtbike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts