Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and the only thing I could find on the forum is a 2003 recall.

My problem is... I baught a scorpian slip on for my 06 636. the pipe that was supplied with the muffler that hooks to the stock pipe by the rear foot pegs,(mid pipe???) keeps coming lose and detaching. I have tried lock tight on the clamp and tighting the clamp as hard as my strength allows yet it continues to come apart.
The first time this happenend I (like a dumbass) tried to limp it home the 15 miles and melted most of the internal plastic on the right side under the rear seat.(rather then stop and spent the 15 min to fix.) Got home, cried:D, thought I fixed. Next time riding happened again. Got lock tight for clamp bolt. Happened again. If I give the bike "hell" RE: High Rs for a period of time it will come apart.
I plan to call scorpian but thought someone may be able to give me their 2 cents. Thanks!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Originally posted by zm830101
2 cents: spend the money and get a good system ;) problem solved, lesson learned :)
Thats completely besides the point champ so u can have your 2 cents back... no exhaust should fall off no matter who makes it, i'd contact who u bought it from and tell them the situation and go from there or take it to a kwaka dealer and show them they might have another idea.

·
Registered
129 Posts
the same happened to me mate, I loosened the rear bracket that holds the can in place, pushed the can hard back into the link pipe and my friend held it in place while I tightened the bracket back up then did up the link pipe clamp no more slipping out.[^]

·
Registered
75 Posts
i had the same problem and melted my moldings, i replaced most of those since then from ebay, but anyways i use 2 1/4 muffler u clamp tighten both bolts evenly, or yeah also the oe section there is a gasket; use a screwdriver to dig that out so the pipe would slide in deeper. the clamp that scorpion comes with sucks,because it would expand when hot, and it just too much back pressure and viberation back there.

·
Registered
306 Posts
man i had same issue.what i did is take everything back apart and then made sure that evevrything was seated right.the problem for me was the mid pipe was sittin at an angle and wasnt seated right so every 50 miles or so it come off.once i redid everything and made sure it was on right 2000 miles since and no problem.i loce my scorpian system well worth the money[}:)]

·
Registered
274 Posts
[:Agree] I have had no problems with my scorpion system. When I put it together I made sure and PUSH that midpipe in as far and hard as you can, put the pipe on and push again, Then while pushing the pipe tighten the bolts to the midpipe and pipe and hang the bracket. I have 3000+ miles on this pipe without any problems and absolutly love it. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all!

I picked up a better clamp, dug out that sleeve in stock pipe, shoved the mid pipe in hard and had a buddy hold it in and tightened it. Problem solved (I hope.) I did some 70 mile high speed high Rs ride today and the pipe stayed in. Thanks for all the advise.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Yeah, I was gonna tell you to take out the gasket. My Muzzy slip on requires the gasket, but the instructions on my buddy's Scorpion slip on said to take it out. Hope it stays working for ya.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been having this problem with mine, the dealer installed it when I bought the bike so when it happened the first time I re clamped everything and thought I had it fixed, nope 300 miles later it came off again, and now 100 miles and it came off again. I'm gonna try some of the things in this post tomorrow hope it fixes it better thx!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.