Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike used with a scorpio alarm. The problem is the remote does not page me when the alarm is going off.

I can use the remote to arm and unarm, but the antenna icon and the lock icon does not appear when the bike is armed.

Anybody know why this is happening?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
Originally posted by 5thGen
is the antenna on the alarm brain?
THanks
Yeah, a single wire that comes out of the alarm unit, about 18" long. It's the only wire that isn't in one of the two plug-in harnesses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by tareksaleh77
Try resetting the alarm. Disconnect the harness for 2 hours. Plug it back in and see whats up. Call Aritronix support. www.aritronix.com

Call the tech and this is exactly what they said. I did a reset yesterday, but only for 2 seconds. Obviously, this didn't work because it needed two hours to completely drain the memory.

Thanks guys!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
Drain the BATTERY in the alarm. Your alarm has a backup battery that keeps the alarm ringing incase the theif cuts the wires or disconnects the battery. As long as the alarm is connected and there is juice, that battery has a charge and memory still works. See ya.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by tareksaleh77
Drain the BATTERY in the alarm. Your alarm has a backup battery that keeps the alarm ringing incase the theif cuts the wires or disconnects the battery. As long as the alarm is connected and there is juice, that battery has a charge and memory still works. See ya.
Stupid me tried to do it in an hour instead of two. Of course it didn't work so I'll have to leave it overnight now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
802 Posts
You should also consider looking in the manual on how to train a new remote. Perhaps the brain, for some reason, is not tuned to your remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by tareksaleh77
You should also consider looking in the manual on how to train a new remote. Perhaps the brain, for some reason, is not tuned to your remote.
It still doesn't work after leaving it overnight without power (which essentially resets the brain). The tech told me to send it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
550 Posts
Originally posted by 5thGen



It still doesn't work after leaving it overnight without power (which essentially resets the brain). The tech told me to send it in.

That sucks, but I'll bet it still didn't drain that backup battery - if it was disarmed it seems it would take a long time for it to drain, because there is no draw on it. If you can tolerate the noise, unplug it with it armed and force it to keep going off until it peters out, then let it sit overnight again so that it'll go good and dead, making sure it resets itself. It would be worth a shot before sending it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
5th Gen,

I had the same problem with a new alarm. I tried everything you did and it still didnt work.

So i sent the brain and remote in and they gave me a new one that works fine..

So call airtronix and get there address they will send you a new one in like 8 days..

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 06 Ninja
5th Gen,

I had the same problem with a new alarm. I tried everything you did and it still didnt work.

So i sent the brain and remote in and they gave me a new one that works fine..

So call airtronix and get there address they will send you a new one in like 8 days..

Good luck.
Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I've spent too much time on this already. I'm debating on sending it in myself or have the dealer send it in for me because the original owner bought it and had it installed there.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top