Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
As far as I have been told, you would use the KAW-6. I emailed Scorpio/Aritronix last week to ask them and that's what they said....
I received the KAW-6 in the mail today, and expect my alarm (i500SE) this weekend or early next week. I'll then attempt the install. It looks like this harness is basically just to connect the blinkers and tail light so they flash when the alarm is arming/disarming, or going off, without the need to cut anything. I'm not sure about how the gnition kill (hijack option) wires in, but I guess I'll figure it out when I get the instructions in the box.

Has anyone yet put a Scorpio on an 08 250? And Hotpants, which one are you planning on buying?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My email...
To: [email protected]
Subject: Alarm question regarding wiring harness...

Hello,
I was curious if you have yet made a wiring harness for the 2008 model Kawasaki Ninja 250r? If not, what would I use instead? I am possibly interested in one of your systems for my new bike.
Thanks,
Jeff

Their response...

.Hello Jeffrey,

We do, you would use the KAW-6 connector kit. You can also use the universal connector kit that is included with every unit.

Best regards,

Marco
Aritronix Ltd

·
Registered
775 Posts
You can buy mine for sale and save yourself some money. $200 bucks and I used it for two months untill I got my house.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can buy mine for sale and save yourself some money. $200 bucks and I used it for two months untill I got my house.
:D Nice offer! I actually just got mine on ebay for an unusually good deal, brand new, i500SE for 182 plus 15 shipping, so just under 200... and the KAW-6 was only 13.50 shipped. If yours is the SE model though, 200 is a good price! Someone should jump on that.

Was the install as easy as they make it out to be? And how did you like it?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Great alarm, saved my street bike twice. Easy install too.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Cajun, I thought you were PO PO? I would think your 357 would have saved your bike once. After that there would be no need for twice. That kinda leaves a message.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Great alarm, saved my street bike twice. Easy install too.
Cool, thanks for the feedback! Sounds good!

I'm looking at getting the i900 alarm with the ignition disable and perimiter sensor.
That looks like a very nice alarm... or I suppose I should say a nice remote. As far as I could tell in my research, it is the exact same alarm as the i500SE, with the perimeter, hijack ignition disable, back up battery, and all that jazz... but with the upgraded remote that arms the alarm when you walk away from the bike, and disarms it when you come back to it, without having to press any buttons. That seems cool, but I don't really understand what happens in certain situations, like if you park the bike, it arms, you go inside somewhere and you're right on the other side of a window from your bike (like when I'm at the gym and the machines are literally separated from the parking lot/sidewalk (where I park) by nothing but a pane of glass, does it automatically disarm even when you don't want it to? I don't know how sensitive it is, so I figured I would save a couple hundred bucks and stick with the traditional route of pressing the button to arm and disarm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.