Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there...

I have a z750 '04 and I'm looking at the SR-i500 ( https://www.scorpioalarms.com/products/motorcycle/sr-i500_trs6 ) But the factory connector kits is only available fore z1000... I mail and asked them, and they replied:

"At this point we have not been able to look at the z750. If you could send us pictures of your taillight connector and rear turn signal connectors as well as the license plate light connector. From there we can compare the 750 with the 1000."

any one here that can help my???

Rumle

PS: I'm Danish so parden my english ;o)

·
Registered
39 Posts
its easy enough to install without the wiring kit if your any good at electrical. One thing about the alarm, i have one on my z750s, is its very sensitive so expect alot of accidental setoffs if you park it in the open.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i just got mine in tonight. i ordered the factory wiring harness, but doubt i will use it as i want to install in the front(z1000), and it is way too short.

i cant wait to finally get some sleep, its been over 2 weeks!

·
Registered
140 Posts
okay so i did install this two weeks ago. i just had to change out the battery on the remote(AAA), the first battery lasted 13 days, and thats with me playing with it alot the first couple days.

I ended up putting the alarm under the rear seat cowl, where the Cali Canister was, and put the perimeter sensor on the battery. Apparently you want to orient the sensor front to back, as the sensor alot more sensitive to the left side compared to the right side of the bike.

I am also having a little trouble with the pagers transmitter(or alarms antennae). i get the range symbol on the pager, but i can't arm/disarm unless i am in direct line of sight, and within 50 yards or so of the bike. tonight at was eating, looking right at my bike through a window, and i couldn't disarm it. the bike was only 50 feet away. i am going to play with the antennae some and see if i can't fix this.

right now the antenae goes over the tailight, from leftside to right side. it is not verticle, and it isn't in a stright line. it kinda zigzags with the shape of the taillight.

other than that, i love the alarm, and ive been sleeping alot better. i still chain it to a pole, and put a cover on it. the install was easy, and although the factory connectors took up some extra space, it made it really easy to hookup. The only wire i had to splice was the igntion disable wire. Screw in the power wire, and the rest is quick connects. Ground comes from the tailight. the only other option I would want is GPS locater, and would pay another 200 bucks for it(no monthly fee). might do the prepaid GPS phone idea, at least until i get a garage.

cheers!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Originally posted by destructumusprime
its easy enough to install without the wiring kit if your any good at electrical. One thing about the alarm, i have one on my z750s, is its very sensitive so expect alot of accidental setoffs if you park it in the open.

oh yeah, ive set my alarm off several times by turning the key with it armed. but even with a cover on it in the wind, the shock sensor seems really "numb". i can rap my knuckles on the tank w/o setting the alarm off, at the highest shock setting. the alarm is under the rear cowl, and if i tap on it it does go off.

haven't used the perimeter sensor that much, but it seems adequate. turned it up a couple notches, might go a few more. i like to disable the alarming(sirens/flashing) and enable the perm. sensor when i am at work, cuz there is a gaurd 10 feet from teh bike all night long, and most alerts are jsut from other bikes parking next to mine.

[:M98]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.