Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research as to what slip-on is the best bang for the buck and Scorpion seems to be a pretty good buy from Pipecity. Its about $260 shipped which isn't too bad and I've heard that it sounds pretty good. Does it sound better than D&D since both are about the same price? One more thing. The Scorpion that I am considering is polished aluminum. How well does the finish on the can stay, does it tarnish or scratch easily. I want a pipe that is going to look good for a long time, and if this pipe will show scuffs and scratches I may want to look for another brand.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can't vouch for that slip on. I did just buy a new Yoshi stainless rs-3 for $269. It is a real beauty, great construction. Sounds nice but if you want more volume, the Yoshi Race pipe would be the tix.

Good luck.

Brucelee
2002 6R Chrome Yellow

"It is the art of fighting, without fighting!"

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want a pipe that isn't going to be so loud that it will drive me nuts. I originally considered either D&D or Vance and Hines S4 but I've heard that both are going to be VERY loud compared to the Scorpion.

Life is short, but sweet for certain...

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yosh is a very nice Db level... not in any way obnoxious.

Yes, both D&D and V&H will be louder. Yosh is surprisingly affordable, especially in stainless... my recommendation is to go the Race vs. the Zyclone though, or you'll likely be disappointed in the sound level.

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.