Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my bike I had an HJC SL-SP helmet on order so the dealer let me borrow a Scorpion EXO-700 (they used to be a dealer but no longer). It turned out I liked the fit better than the HJC.

On the loaner the rear spoiler was missing and I assumed the helmet had rough treatment. I bought a solid white EXO-700 from somewhere else. On the 2nd ride the rear spoiler came off the helmet somewhere on the beltway. The dealer ordered a part but I never heard back. I called Scorpion and they said they would send a new part out. It did not come. Called again and was also told it would be sent right out. Same story.

Lots of phone calls and they sent me a new helmet and a return tag for the original. Well, wait for it.....the little spoiler was already off and rattling around in the box! After speaking with the warranty mgr I tried to hot glue the part back on but the curve of the spoiler did not match that of the helmet so there is no way it was going to hold. They have offered a full refund on the helmet if ret'd to the dealer. The problem is I like the fit of Scorpion and don't want to cough up the money for Shoei and the like. Anyone else find this part comes off easily on their Scorpions? I'm tempted to try another EXO-700 but don't want to be burned yet again. If the helmet were well used I would just live with it but not with a brand new one.

Tim

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I have 2 X EXO 400 and an EXO 1000, nothing has ever fallen off of them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
One of the guys I ride with has a Scorpion helmet and hasnt had any problems with it at all. I am not sure which model it is, but it is one of the newer models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i have one and love it... best fitting helmet ive ever worn, better than shoei or arai i havent had any problems with mine

enless you count my tinted sheild flying outta my backback one night when i switched it for the clear... damn thing cost me 35 bucks

·
Registered
286 Posts
EXO-700 here, wear it every day for 1.5 years and no problems.

I think you have the curse of the Scorpion. :p

·
Registered
768 Posts
Have an EXO-700 to protect my girl's noggin and I'm always impressed with the build quality including all the little plastic bits. Certainly better than my HJC and old Icon.

I believe they outsource their manufacturing though. It may play a factor in their consistency.

At any rate I'm going to stick with top tier brands in the future.

·
Registered
476 Posts
no problems at all with my exo 700

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guess I'll give them another shot as I really like the helmet otherwise. Funny thing is, the helmets were manufactured a year apart so I can't even blame it on a bad production run.

Tim

·
Registered
173 Posts
EXO-400 Octane, haven't had any problems out of it. Construction seems really sturdy for the price.

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
I have 3 EXO 700's and my wife has 1 and we haven't had any problems in 3 yrs.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts