Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys just wanna share. After 10days of waitin' I got the package from USA to here Hong Kong

Its a special Full Carbon Fiber Hugger made by Scott, Its neatly done all is gr88t fits perfectly like it suppose to unless you got a special chain guard (Like i do) coz' it will not fit together, although a stock chain-guard suits well.:D

Other than that everything is perfect and it seats dead Center against the swingarm & rear tire.
I'll post actual photos of the hugger later.

Here's are some pics of what i got from Scott for a 150/60/17 REAR TIRE

·
Registered
317 Posts
That made me LOL
We order parts from HongKong and you order parts from USA.
It would be really funny if it said on the hugger "made in china"

Good looking hugger man. Im on the hunt for yellow with carbon. I know they are out there because i used to sell CF parts and company showed me that it can be done with pretty much any color.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That made me LOL
We order parts from HongKong and you order parts from USA.
It would be really funny if it said on the hugger "made in china"

Good looking hugger man. Im on the hunt for yellow with carbon. I know they are out there because i used to sell CF parts and company showed me that it can be done with pretty much any color.

Really! hahahaha.. anyways the Hugger is definitely made in USA. not China :D the guy who made my hugger does these things when hes not to busy he's from Vero Beach Fl. USA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quite nice indeed. I got mine from Scott as well, in the same style. Although it's plastic option with color matching. My showed mine off in another thread & you see as my avatar.

Did you end up using the stock chain guard? Or something like modifying your aftermarket chain guard?

By the way, EmilGevor, Scott does offer color options & perhaps you can get it just the way you want.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quite nice indeed. I got mine from Scott as well, in the same style. Although it's plastic option with color matching. My showed mine off in another thread & you see as my avatar.

Did you end up using the stock chain guard? Or something like modifying your aftermarket chain guard?

By the way, EmilGevor, Scott does offer color options & perhaps you can get it just the way you want.

I still need to Flip my Alum-Chainguard for it to fit with the carbon hugger.
I'll post later.

:)

·
Registered
317 Posts

How do i contact this individual?
I want to know more about prices and wait time

·
Registered
24 Posts
scotts870 is his Ebay storefront. The basic plastic, unpainted version is $76 with about five days for shipping. For custom options, such as carbon fiber & painting, you can e-mail him. They cost extra & require him to fabricate it once you settle your order. That adds about a week.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you guys have yours installed? I'd like to see them on the bike before I pull the trigger. I'm sure I'll like them but I just want to make sure.

Are they difficult to install?

·
Registered
24 Posts
This thread has my review with a large image & a couple other things on it. I guess I could take a picture from further away, if you need it.

To attach it, after you figure out the alignment (I eyeballed it, since I couldn't figure out another way, at the time), all you have to do it remove the chainguard bolt, pull of the adhesive cover on the bottom of the hugger, stick the adhesive onto the crossbar of the rear tire frame, & reattach the bolt with the new washer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you guys have yours installed? I'd like to see them on the bike before I pull the trigger. I'm sure I'll like them but I just want to make sure.

Are they difficult to install?

100% YES you can pull the trigger..
Installation is straight forward just bolt-it on 1-side + double tape on the other side. (this comes with it pre-attach) these can be done by yourself
Simple sTeps;
1st- eye-baLL it first to be on dead-center against tire
2nd- hold it in position before sticking it against the swing arm
3rd- bolt it and stick it. voila..:D done.
PS.
Make sure the swing arm is free of dirt and grease for better adhesion.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts