Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the top part of my scotts damper flew off about a month ago.I guess vibrations from ridin loosened the two bolts over time.I didnt apply that blue loc tight liquid to them.Has this ever happened to any one else.The damper worked great and i will get another one next season.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
And you thought that solo cowls were the only things that flew off of these bikes. Has Scotts said anything about this part? Replacement? Warranty?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
scotts told me they never heard of this happening before and a new top piece will run me about $320 or soo

·
Registered
363 Posts
Originally posted by redline2001
scotts told me they never heard of this happening before and a new top piece will run me about $320 or soo
WHAT! the damn thing only costs $400 new, if I were you I would come at them from every angle and maybe they will breakdown and hook you up.

·
Registered
534 Posts
thats fucked! I'd rather go spend $320 and a few more bones on an ohlins damper.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Make sure you read and follow directions! The manual specifically states "if you do NOT use the Locktite included we PROMISE you the screws will back themselves out."

Check out eBay and don't forget to use the blue Locktite that came with it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by t-type
thats fucked! I'd rather go spend $320 and a few more bones on an ohlins damper.
The Scotts damper is an Ohlins product. The internals and externals are Ohlins minus the "Scotts" that is stamped into the product. The top mount rotary damper is far more adjustable than the standard shock type and is less likely to become damaged.<p>

Loctite everything when recommended. Any racer here will tell you that every bolt comes loose at some point if not safety wired. On the street, you are still subjected to constant vibrations and your bike may be under forces that you may not even feel or notice.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hey Desmo, I didn't crash the bodywork you sold me! Ran off the track a lot this year though - never really did that before! Beats putting it on its ear though.[8D]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by desmokwan
Originally posted by t-type
The Scotts damper is an Ohlins product. The internals and externals are Ohlins minus the "Scotts" that is stamped into the product. The top mount rotary damper is far more adjustable than the standard shock type and is less likely to become damaged.<p>

Loctite everything when recommended. Any racer here will tell you that every bolt comes loose at some point if not safety wired. On the street, you are still subjected to constant vibrations and your bike may be under forces that you may not even feel or notice.
I shouldve thought about that since their rotary dampers look exactly alike! I was in the mind of Ohlins' slider damper.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad
Hey Desmo, I didn't crash the bodywork you sold me! Ran off the track a lot this year though - never really did that before! Beats putting it on its ear though.[8D]
Hey SB!

You're just to fast for that track! Get a 10R for next season and we can help each other track down race parts!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts

Hey SB!

You're just to fast for that track! Get a 10R for next season and we can help each other track down race parts!

Dooooooood

I already got a deposite on the black one! I've also got a deposite on the 1000RR - I can't make up my mind hoir - just FUCK - I dunno, like I need another liter bike!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.