Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given an S3 part number for the filter. I spooled on just fine in the beginning then it started getting tighter, not even half way on. I returned it to the shop, they're still questioning why it doesnt fit. I was thinking it might have been switched. Oh well..they're taking care of it. Anyone had any problems with the new scotts filter?
TIA

·
Registered
150 Posts
i assume you are talking about the billet one... i have had it for 3000 miles and its the shiznit.. I love the way it looks, and it fit really well... so im not sure what was wrong with yours.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found out I was given the wrong p/n. the correct p/n is S1. I really like the fit and finish of the new filter. I'm pretty sure it'll pay off for its self. Though I only have just under 350mi on the bike. I've already changed the oil on it twice just to keep my self content on fiddling with the bike. I do the same with my race car and my daily driver. Before every race, I change out my oil, every 5 race days, i change out the filter. the daily driver gets a changed once a month.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry. I dont know where to get it from the internet based shops. I bought mines from a local speed shop.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I just put the scotts oil filter on last week, looks great and highly recommend it to all. (also has a magnet to collect all the shavings.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.