Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have it installed, I love it. nothing bad said of it...so far.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the Scotts filter too. I think it has plenty of advantages, and the only disadvantage is the cost. Over the long run, you'll probably buy an equivalent amount in reusable oil filters that don't do as good of a job. So I figure it makes sense to use it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Got it on my 03' RR, i like it too. I agree with micty, it cost more, but if you plan on keeping your bike for a couple of years or more, i think its a wise investment. Whats a hundred dollars compared to what our other toys for these dumb machines cost:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys. I almost thought this product sounded too good to be true, but ya'll eased my suspicions. It looks like I'll be asking the wife for one of these bad boys to put in my stocking this year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Do you guys find it a pain to have to clean the filter and get your hand all dirty with used oil? And does it take longer to do your oil changes?

·
Registered
534 Posts
it does take a little bit longer for the over all oil change because you would be cleaning out he scotts filter. I just spray in some FI throttle body cleaner to get the crap out. let it sit out in the sun to dry..takes about 5-10 min, while you just let your bike oil pan drip dry.

·
Registered
150 Posts
this oil filter is sweet i put it on at 1000 miles and when i took it off to clean at 3000 miles, it had all kinds of little metal shavings in the magnet, that i didnt know it even had... freaking awesome.. also its not that bad to clean, it does a damn fine job

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.