Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all. I just bought a used Scott's steering damper for my 636 but I didn't get any installation instructions with it. I checked the generic instructions on their website, but I was hoping the 636 specific instructions were better. Could someone help me out with a couple of questions?

They say the "tower pin" should be greased and free to float - does that mean it should move up and down in the bracket that mounts to my tank? Mine doesn't and I didn't want to force it to much before I found out for sure.

What settings did you end up with for your Base Control Valve, High Speed Valve and the Sweep Control Valves?

How often do you need to change the oil? I know it depends on how much use it has, but just generally - once a year, every five years?

If anyone has the 636 specific mounting instructions, I would love to have a copy for future reference. I'm willing to pay for the copy and shipping.

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Strong Bad came through for me with some really good instructions. That's a pretty cool thing about this board, everyone seems quite willing to help out people that they have never met. Props to y'all!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.