Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all Scott's steering dampers the same, with different mounting hardware for different bikes? Is there a difference between the ones used on dirt bikes to those used on street bikes?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I believe the unit itself is universal, its just the mounting hardware that is different.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,869 Posts
2nd. I know all street bike units are universal, I'm not 100% sure on dirt vs street, but I believe it's all the same damper. And Ohlins makes an internal valving kit deal for the Scott's. =)

·
Registered
307 Posts
The box is made by ohlins and modified by scotts and the units are the same with different mounting for different bikes. I love it and will always have one on each bike I ever own.

greenthe only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
the only difference on the dirt to the street would be the arm because on the dirt it steps down a bit, so yea the box is tha same but hardware is diff, but if you got a dirt make sure you get the arm because it won't come in the kit

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Like the guys said above, the damper itself if made by Ohlins and universal. Where they differ is the mount kits as well as the link arms. Some are straight and some are "stepped". Also the machined groove within the link arm varies in placement and length from application to application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.