Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellow riders,

so recently acquired some nissin calipers from the 14 for my 06 zx6r, and i was just taking them apart today and putting them away with the ss lines(all in ziploc bags as of now) , and gonna wait till next riding season to put them on along with a few other mods i'ma work the bike into over the winter.

well in any case today i didnt have compressed air to take out the pistons so before i found out a real easy way i ended up scratching the edge of a few caliper pistons on a few of them...
is that a BIG deal??
can i just use my older tokiko caliper pistons on them?

by the way i ended up taking them out by using pb on the outside of the piston and then i dried the inside and used a rubber glove to pull them out... real easy like :)

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
the scratch wont matter. as long the bore is good. it seals at the sqaure-cut o-ring, not on the surface of the piston.

also, im pretty sure the tokico is about 1mm larger bore. so no, it wouldnt work.

·
Registered
594 Posts
i was wondering y anyone would put peanut butter on their calipers!

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Dude the caliper pistons are in now way interchangeable...
Hopefully you noticed the attention to detail and quality of the Nissins VS the stock shitty tokicos.
besides the Nissins do have a hard anodizing on them, thus the black color of the pistons VS the regular aluminum finihs on the tokicos.

Crazy how 6 years ago the Tokicos were the shit and now are pretty much lacking in refinement and durability...never seen a caliper lose performance as much as the tokicos.

·
Powerhungry
38,157 Posts
Dude the caliper pistons are in now way interchangeable...
Hopefully you noticed the attention to detail and quality of the Nissins VS the stock shitty tokicos.
besides the Nissins do have a hard anodizing on them, thus the black color of the pistons VS the regular aluminum finihs on the tokicos.

Crazy how 6 years ago the Tokicos were the shit and now are pretty much lacking in refinement and durability...never seen a caliper lose performance as much as the tokicos.
i mic'd them. its hard, due to the design. but best i could tell, the nissins are about 1mm smaller in bore.
so yeh, not gonna work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol well pb blaster yeah, haha
i call it peanut butter round my cuzins when we messing with our cars n stuff
but yeah good to know i didnt mess it up and i definitely noticed the difference in quality
just by looking at them i realized it
thanks again all for the info

next step is a retrofit project over winter,
hopefully i get that promotion and can afford some extra stuff
right now strapped for cash! yall would kill me if you knew
how much i got the calipers for!!!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
lol well pb blaster yeah, haha
i call it peanut butter round my cuzins when we messing with our cars n stuff
but yeah good to know i didnt mess it up and i definitely noticed the difference in quality
just by looking at them i realized it
thanks again all for the info

next step is a retrofit project over winter,
hopefully i get that promotion and can afford some extra stuff
right now strapped for cash! yall would kill me if you knew
how much i got the calipers for!!!
I got my Nissin's for $65 shipped, but I have two other sets and have never paid more than $100 shipped. I have no idea why people pay the $300 ebay prices sometimes listed................Have the Acura TL Bixenon projectors installed right now. I have two Bi-Xenon E-46 projectors (projector with lens, shield, and solenoids, but no bulbs or ballasts) that you can have for $15 plus the cost of shipping..........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts