Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the ZX6R i got already had this minor cosmetic damage.

it doesn't bother be so much, i'll be putting on frame sliders, but if there is a good way to fix this kind of damage ? how to fill in scratches ? it's not a crack.

it's on the L side. it just feel over at 0 speed.

ps: what are the best frame sliders that do not require any drilling or modification ?

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
Are those white marks on top of the black plastic or under it? I prolly would have taken a permanent black market to it temporarily lol. I would have thought that the company would have mixed in the black plastic so if it gets scratched it's still black.

You got a monster edition like me so if I were you and I wanted rail sliders I would get the matching lime green monster rail sliders. They are very expensive though. $120. Check hardracing for them. You seen picks of people with a monster edition with matching green rail slider in the pic right? Those are them. They are no cut/drill, but they will still be a bitch to put on because you gotta loosen an engine mount. You need to use a breaker bar and blah blah blah we have gone over this a lot in the forums. I have B2 industries rails but if you want info on that just read the thread title "Runtworx Rails"

The ones that require cutting are better and I'd say worth it. Because the no cut ones have brackets that divert the contact it's hard to explain without pics. Knowing what I know now, I'd rather go for the cut ones but I hear the no cuts work pretty good.

Good companies are like Shogun and Vortex.

·
Registered
143 Posts
GSG Frame Sliders would appear to be considered by many to be the best 'no-cut' frame sliders. Expensive, but probably worth it.

GSG-MOTOTECHNIK

I still think cut frame sliders to be far superior though. I like the R&G Racing ones that I have fitted.

Also, you might consider some GB Racing Casing Covers as a worthwhile compliment to what ever sliders you decide on.

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
i found also these. pretty cheap. what do you think ?
no cut.

2009 2010 Kawasaki ZX-6R Frame Sliders

so there is no way of filling up the scratches with some material and then touch up over with same color paint ?
I don't know if you could bondo it or something like that? Any sort of plastic filler would probably work.

Long story short, I dropped my 250 on a yellow parking block , so it had nice yellow paint in the scratches. I just cleaned it up as well as I could, and grabbed a small paint brush and a little jar of model car paint.

Results? Good enough for me to leave like that:

You can see in the middle of the faring where the reflections are a bit messed up. No one can even tell unless they know about it or look really close from 5 feet away :dunno:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Black touch up paint from your local auotmotive store will work good enough.

Story: My ZX7R was dropped on both sides TWICE, and my right fairing FLEW OFF going 50 mph! (got done doing some maint and decided to put the fairing on with 2 zipties, they broke) That thing skid across the pavement like..well.. a piece of plastic.

Now.. I used touch up paint and this is what it looks like.

I wish I had a before-picture, but from what I've mentioned above, this fairing looks pristine.

Point is... Even though a generic automotive touch-up won't seem like it'll affect anything.. almost no one will notice it if you take your time and apply it directly into the scratch. One side of the touch-up paint may also have a pen, which makes it even better for the small line scrapes. I'd say you got it way easy compared to the 5 or 6 hours I put touching up just my right fairing.

·
Registered
155 Posts
As far as the scratches go, I'd just quick mask it and spray it. Thank goodness black is easy to color match.

For sliders, I go for the Shogun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man that looks really good. I can't even see the reflections, you are right

I don't know if you could bondo it or something like that? Any sort of plastic filler would probably work.

Long story short, I dropped my 250 on a yellow parking block , so it had nice yellow paint in the scratches. I just cleaned it up as well as I could, and grabbed a small paint brush and a little jar of model car paint.

Results? Good enough for me to leave like that:

You can see in the middle of the faring where the reflections are a bit messed up. No one can even tell unless they know about it or look really close from 5 feet away :dunno:

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
It pushed the signal light through the faring (see the cracks underneath the light, and one through the ninja sticker) so it was pretty fucked up there. 5 min plastic epoxy on the inside to ghetto it back together :rolleyes:

·
Registered
476 Posts
As far as the scratches go, I'd just quick mask it and spray it. Thank goodness black is easy to color match.

For sliders, I go for the Shogun.

+1

Reactions: triplestack3
1 - 10 of 10 Posts