Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new tire yesterday, and a new camera mount... I didnt use the vid cam, just took vid with my digi cam. I have the quality turned down on the cam to conserve space and also compressed the vid from 25 mb down to 5 mb so its pretty grainy.... Anyhow only had a little time so couldnt get to any good roads, just hit the park and some ramps...

*disclaimer* no real bikes or public streets were used in the making of this video. any simalarities to actual roads or speed limits are purely coincidental. no midgets were injured in making this video*disclamer*

putfile stream
http://media.putfile.com/Scrubbed-0001

Link to download
http://www.theupload.com/view.php?id=00047040

anybody know of any good places to host video on the net? would like to find one that will let you "right-click save-as"

·
Registered
486 Posts
Cool. But next time leave out the music. Engine sounds > Music

For wind noise you could tape a piece of foam over the mic, if that's a problem..

·
Registered
937 Posts
Very nice video. Looked like a pretty flat area that you live in. Nice smooth curves though and nice scrub in. I am off to the mountain to go do the same to my new tires this afternoon.[8D]

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by wfenton
Very nice video. Looked like a pretty flat area that you live in. Nice smooth curves though and nice scrub in. I am off to the mountain to go do the same to my new tires this afternoon.[8D]
there are some decent mountains and twisties around, i just didnt have time to go that far last night.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
dang that blue gauge looks sweet as hell at night

very nice vid....the end was awesome :D

·
Registered
256 Posts
anybody know of any good places to host video on the net? would like to find one that will let you "right-click save-as"
If you want to, you can host them on my forum's downloads section. The only drawback is, people have to register to download the vid.

http://www.autotunerclub.com

·
Registered
550 Posts
That's cool man. I like watching other rider's videos, especially from that vantage point. It seems you're more comfortable making rights than lefts. You're much more aggressive entering, during, and especially exiting the rights. Or maybe it's just the roads you were on lent to that behavior.

I've noticed a lot of riders are that way, myself included - but I'm opposite, I'll rail a left to the ground, but I still have a small shiny strip on the right edge of the tire. I think mine is because my old CBR would drag the pipe and peg on hard right leans, but the left hero-tab was worn off in a crash, so I could lean it way the hell over that way.

Definitely a cool vid, and now I know I have to do that blue guage thing.

·
28,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by BrandonM7
That's cool man. I like watching other rider's videos, especially from that vantage point. It seems you're more comfortable making rights than lefts. You're much more aggressive entering, during, and especially exiting the rights. Or maybe it's just the roads you were on lent to that behavior.

I've noticed a lot of riders are that way, myself included - but I'm opposite, I'll rail a left to the ground, but I still have a small shiny strip on the right edge of the tire. I think mine is because my old CBR would drag the pipe and peg on hard right leans, but the left hero-tab was worn off in a crash, so I could lean it way the hell over that way.

Definitely a cool vid, and now I know I have to do that blue guage thing.
i didnt have a good selection of roads to hit in the short amount of time that i had... the majority of the turns were right handers though. ive got some other vids, i'll try to get em up tomorrow.

the camera mount is the one from sportbikecam.com kinda pricey but very solid rig with good adjustment. i was using my digi cam for the vids (cannon sd550) and had the resolution turned down. it will actually capture some really good vid when its turned up, just eats up memory bad.

i like to hear the engine too, just have a lot of wind noise from the cheap mic on the cam. will try to get something up without music, or i can pull the music off "scrubbed".

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
nighttime footage is so sick, and as dangerous as they are, midnight wheelies are awesome

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.