Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the past couple of nights I’ve been riding home from the Orlando area and heading towards Daytona. At one point on the ride home there is a long section of highway that isn't lit and is especially windy (right after the st. john's bridge for you locals).
Well with the wind so high it wants to push me off the road or into another lane if I fight it. So instead I just kind of let the bike do what it wants and my bike and lower half seem to rock side to side with the gusts of wind while my upper body stays stationary. This isn't so bad during the day but at night on an unlit road all I see is the headlight rocking back and forth back and forth and its making me a little sea sick. Which is weird because I don't get seasick in my boat and I don't get motion sick on any theme park rides (or ever for that matter). Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
744 Posts
dude all i have to say is i drove from jax to tall yest and had crazy freaking wind as well. my stang was being blown all over the place almost got thrown into a saturn blew me half way in the other lane and there were fallen trees all over i10. really gald i didnt take the bike. had hurricane rain as well. as for seasick thing never. best way if that ever happens again is to focus on something not swaying(lights) i guess for u the darkness lol

another thing that makes me laugh on this page for me at least, right above the reply box it has motion sickness relief. coincidence i guess

Reactions: IlBLisSlI

·
Registered
372 Posts
dude all i have to say is i drove from jax to tall yest and had crazy freaking wind as well. my stang was being blown all over the place almost got thrown into a saturn blew me half way in the other lane and there were fallen trees all over i10. really gald i didnt take the bike. had hurricane rain as well. as for seasick thing never. best way if that ever happens again is to focus on something not swaying(lights) i guess for u the darkness lol

another thing that makes me laugh on this page for me at least, right above the reply box it has motion sickness relief. coincidence i guess

Your right, how funny. :Laughing:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
best way if that ever happens again is to focus on something not swaying(lights) i guess for u the darkness lol
that's what i was doing. i was focusing on tail lights like a 1/4 mile down the road but it didn't stop me from seeing the headlight on the street swaying. i donno its crazy. i couldn't go to sleep for like 2 hours last night cause every time i closed my eyes i could feel myself swaying, it was almost like the drunken spins or something.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
not had that problem on the bike. Maybe stop target fixating. Look around, rather than just focusing on the road ahead of you.
I did toss my fried egg breakfast once on my first time out on a sailboat...it was kind of a rough day with 15 foot swells. I was okay until my friend's little kid blew chunks...then the site of that made me lose it.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I sometimes get motion sickness after playing video games for too long (mostly first-person shooters), but I've never had it in a moving vehicle, so go figure. Try taking dramamine before your ride next time and see if it helps. Most of the time they tell you to keep your eyes on the horizon if you're on a boat, but that may be a little difficult at night on a bike.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sometimes get motion sickness after playing video games for too long (mostly first-person shooters), but I've never had it in a moving vehicle, so go figure. Try taking dramamine before your ride next time and see if it helps. Most of the time they tell you to keep your eyes on the horizon if you're on a boat, but that may be a little difficult at night on a bike.
I don't really think I need to take Dramamine or anything like that; I’m not getting nauseous or anything it’s just a little disorienting and makes me feel strange after I get off the bike. I’m just surprised no one else has experienced this. I donno maybe it’s just something I need to get used to.

·
Registered
2002 ZX6R
26,947 Posts
It's no coincidence. Google's ads are based on page content, increasing the likelihood of clicks.

Just an FYI.
hmmmm
free blow jobs from gorgeous big breasted women.

let's see what ad that pulls up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Try taking a sleeping pill* before you ride, that should help with the sea-sickness.

*This may or may not be a joke and I may or may not be a doctor.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try taking a sleeping pill* before you ride, that should help with the sea-sickness.

*This may or may not be a joke and I may or may not be a doctor.
:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Like you said.. I just let the bike do its thing. Our 250s have such smaller rear tires than everyone else so we get knocked around. For some reason the wear on my back tire is slightly off center to the left. And now that I think about it. I tend to lean into the wind slightly. Around here for some reason it always wants to blow from my left side. Its weird. Then when it lets off.. the bottom half of the bike will straighten out. Of course this is all very very slight. But I know what you mean.

Could've just been lack of sugar/food or something. I know I feel woozy after not eating for awhile.. but I do have a really high metabolism.

Reactions: IlBLisSlI

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
Hahaha, so you aren't tough after all with riding. That's something I'd put in my signature, but I'm not going to relatiate like that though. Anyways, I never got sick from motion sickness in my life. I wasn't even impressed with silverwood's corkscrew rollercoaster and Wild Waves in Federal Way's roller coaster at all. And riding on a 250 is just blah on 60+, because its damned slow and small. I have to be honest. I put my focus on weight when I'm traveling in the highways/freeways. I don't get sick at all, sometimes I wish I could go on forever.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hahaha, so you aren't tough after all with riding. That's something I'd put in my signature, but I'm not going to relatiate like that though. Anyways, I never got sick from motion sickness in my life. I wasn't even impressed with silverwood's corkscrew rollercoaster and Wild Waves in Federal Way's roller coaster at all. And riding on a 250 is just blah on 60+, because its damned slow and small. I have to be honest. I put my focus on weight when I'm traveling in the highways/freeways. I don't get sick at all, sometimes I wish I could go on forever.
Wow, someone is really into themselves. :Laughing rolling:

Crashed yet (again)? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Hahaha, so you aren't tough after all with riding. That's something I'd put in my signature, but I'm not going to relatiate like that though. Anyways, I never got sick from motion sickness in my life.
lol oh golly you got me. what exactly do you think you would quote that would embarrass me or even be the slightest bit funny?
As far as you never getting motion sickness that doesn't surprise me. Motion sickness happens when your brain disagrees with what your inner ear drum is telling you is happening with your balance. Since you neither have a functioning brain or eardrums I’d suggest you go outside and play a long game of hide and go fuck yourself you squid douche. :cheers-004:

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
Motion sickness happens when your brain disagrees with what your inner ear drum is telling you is happening with your balance. Since you neither have a functioning brain or eardrums
:Laughing rolling: oh snap

·
Registered
692 Posts
lol oh golly you got me. what exactly do you think you would quote that would embarrass me or even be the slightest bit funny?
As far as you never getting motion sickness that doesn't surprise me. Motion sickness happens when your brain disagrees with what your inner ear drum is telling you is happening with your balance. Since you neither have a functioning brain or eardrums I’d suggest you go outside and play a long game of hide and go fuck yourself you squid douche. :cheers-004:
That was beautiful.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts