Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Just got an 05 ZZR 600 for a commuter.

The only mod I want to do is add a blue seat cowl/cover.

Do any other Kawasaki models cross fit to my bike? :cool:

Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
you can order one from the UK on ebay...look up customcowls

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Hello

Just got an 05 ZZR 600 for a commuter.

The only mod I want to do is add a blue seat cowl/cover.

Do any other Kawasaki models cross fit to my bike? :cool:

Thanks
No. In fact no models cross fit to any other bike. Seat cowls are bike specific, all except the first generation Z1000 and first generation ZX6R/RR seat cowl (those bikes shared the same tail fairing as well). Thats the only exception I'm aware of. I used to have the stock tail on my ZZR and I bought a cowl from the UK eBay. It was a piece of crap. It took a bit of fiddling to get it to latch down right, and over time it scuffed paint on the tail behind the front seat because it didn't fit perfectly. It was also made with very thin fiberglass, so really it wasn't worth the money in the end. Kawasaki never made a cowl for the J model unfortunately, so you'll have to search around for an aftermarket alternative.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
I know. Sorry. I searched myself back in the day and only came up with the plastic piece that covers the rear seat and that one I got on the UK eBay site. Maness1220 here on the forum traded his ignition advancer to a dude in the UK for a really nice cowl. I don't know where to find them though. Maybe you can PM him and ask him to ask his buddy where he got it. Worth a shot I think.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Here's his bike. I rarely see people (online) with them. Never seen one in person.

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
Here you go. Apparently the Targa cowls replace the rear seat now. I swear they used to just sit on top of the passenger seat. This is your best bet I think.

2002 Kawasaki zx6r Ninja Targa Seat Cowl Gloss Yellow Paint Match | eBay

And here's the one I bought that I had issues with fitment. The two tabs up front needed bent to hook up right. And if you look in the classifieds here there's a guy, Tober, selling the cowl that I sold to him when I did my tail swap. Maybe he got it to fit better, I don't know. Here's the eBay link though. It is still made and shipped from the UK, so it takes about a week to arrive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/kawasaki-600-zx6r-zx6-636-zzr600-seat-cowl-hump-pod-/200931397533?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2ec871cf9d

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
The Targa cowls are very nice, I've wanted one ever since I bought my bike back in 02. Holy crap that was 11 years ago now... and I still don't have one. LOL....

$200 is a lot to spend on a part that really does nothing but dress up the rear though.... and that's why I still don't have one. =/

·
That Fighter Guy
15,175 Posts
The Targa cowls are very nice, I've wanted one ever since I bought my bike back in 02. Holy crap that was 11 years ago now... and I still don't have one. LOL....

$200 is a lot to spend on a part that really does nothing but dress up the rear though.... and that's why I still don't have one. =/
And to think how much money in the past 11 years you've spent on booze, fast food, etc. Lol. $200 on a dress up piece for a bike you appear to never plan on letting go of doesn't seem like a lot of money when you think about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts