Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a seat cowl for my 2006 Ninja 636 but i dont know how to take off the stock one so if someone can show me how to get started w/ pics or without doesnt matter i just need help.

·
Registered
160 Posts
look under the seat on the left hand side [side with the shifter] there should be a place to stick ur key in prob 3/4 the way down. do that and turn it and pull up on the stock seat. then just lock ur cowl on

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by 06636Ninja
I bought a seat cowl for my 2006 Ninja 636 but i dont know how to take off the stock one so if someone can show me how to get started w/ pics or without doesnt matter i just need help.
[:Lol]

Hey bro Welcome to the two wheeled world. Kind of a newb question but we will be happy to help you out in anyways we can. I was in Watsonville today on my way to santa cruz. How long have you nbeen riding?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
We all have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
291 Posts
first start by taking off front fender then both side fenders and headlight unit then you can get to the front seat use an allen key to get the front seat off it should have came in the tool kit. once everything is taken apart go get your key and look just to the left of the passenger peg on the clutch side slightly under the rear end. insert key and turn should come off no problem now that everything is taken apart. he he-no really why is the key hole hidden like that. i make my girl put the seat back on when we are riding 2 up from fear of throwing my back out

·
Registered
231 Posts
You may have to adjust the cowl with some washers to raise it up in a spot or two , they don't fit perfect . Try a serch on here for it , there is some threads about adjusting them if your having any trouble.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey don't sweat it, the dealer (an As-hole)never showed me were the dam key hole was and it took me a few mintues to find it also, it is not that easy to find, but it's there [xx(]

·
Powerhungry
37,951 Posts
Originally posted by pcracks25
damn at least when i got my bike the dealer showed me that and handed me the manual
it took me a day or so...to find out. i had to call the dealer and ask. as i was also waiting for the dealer to get me my manual since they didnt get it with the bike.
when i finally got my seat off...there was the manual...haha

·
Registered
306 Posts
i know ur all excited cause a new bike but check it out.when u get home go sit on the shiter and instead of readin ur playboy or playgirl whatever u like, read ur manual thats what i did and its all info u should know before u even ride.[}:)]

·
Registered
70 Posts
when i got mine, my dealer actually asked me how the hell to get the rear seat out!
and he claims it was so dumb of them to put the manual under it when the only instructions to remove it was in it.
[:M7]
and yes, i removed it myself.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by eafx88
first start by taking off front fender then both side fenders and headlight unit then you can get to the front seat use an allen key to get the front seat off it should have came in the tool kit. once everything is taken apart go get your key and look just to the left of the passenger peg on the clutch side slightly under the rear end. insert key and turn should come off no problem now that everything is taken apart. he he-no really why is the key hole hidden like that. i make my girl put the seat back on when we are riding 2 up from fear of throwing my back out
I'm bored at 12:22am or else I wouldn't ask this but...you say to use the allen wrench that came in the tool kit. How can you get the tools out if you can't even get the seat off? ;)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Originally posted by pcracks25
damn at least when i got my bike the dealer showed me that and handed me the manual
[:Agree]

Originally posted by Fairbanks ZX6R

I'm bored at 12:22am or else I wouldn't ask this but...you say to use the allen wrench that came in the tool kit. How can you get the tools out if you can't even get the seat off? ;)
Well don't you see? That's the beauty of it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.