Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry if this is a repeat, searched but didn't see anything. just ordered my seat cowl last weekend and picked it up yesterday. didn't see this mentioned b4 but the left side of the cowl has a little "indent" for the helmet strap to go through.. think it's new

new cowl

(yes i know i need to dust the bike off... and wash the baby)

from 2fiddy.com..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yeah i guess they realize it made the helmet lock useless w/out the gap. good news for me since i use it all the time..

on a side note... the cowl is awesome, so much space i can fit my 6'8" xena 14mm chain under it along with the disc lock/xena claw combo, and a few extra goodies.. now i need to return the tail bag i used briefly to hold all this stuff

·
Premium Member
22,797 Posts
2 bad they dont have the 08 colors with that
Al contrare. I got my cowl in (I ordered it around May) and it has the indent for the helmet. That and it is "Candy Plasma Blue" so it matches my '08 color. :p So yeah during the adsense they must have revamped the design. That and it fits really securely as I guess before they came off REALLY easilly if you didn't have it locked down tightly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
hmmmm kool so the one i just ordered like 2 weeks ago should have it then right?
Yes Zed, they have shipped the backordered ones to the dealers.
My Candy Blue Plasma one has the helmet strap space, and fits securely without having to bend the lock pin to get it to latch.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My 08 blue cowl has the indent

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
My 08 CP Blue cowl (received last week, ordered in May) has no such indent....

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have both cowls. the one I got last week from the dealership had an indentation, and the one I got from ebay a few days ago didn't. Should've painted the one without the indentation :(

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
CG!!! Good to see you back posting... was beginning to worry about you. :)
Life has just been too busy for KF. It's been too busy for sleep too, that is why I am still up :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
The lime green seat cowl I just won on Ebay has an indentation. Hopefully the seller doesn't bail on it because the auction closed at $41 :eek:

:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
ah dood, i didn't realize they were different. i sent you the one without the indentation.

Lol, it was you???? Don't worry about it. As long as it fits, I'm fine with it. I never use the helmet lock anyways.

·
Registered
63 Posts
shit, it was $30 to ship that thing! I bought it for 140 just a few days before, sold for 40, and i still lost even more to ship! that thing's cursed, lol

ill pm your tracking # when i get home

1 - 20 of 30 Posts