Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got my seat cowl today but for some reason it doesnt want to lock when i put it on the bike.

i slid it back underneath the tab back there and then when i have it all set and i put the key in and turn it it wont lock.

do i have to use the washers somewhere on it or do i need to tighten down the bolts all the way?

·
Registered
74 Posts
You most likely need to use the washers on the front of the cowl. Do some experimenting to determine if you need one or both of them.

Even after adding a washer to mine, I still have to push on the top of the cowl with a fair amount of force to make it lock.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Originally posted by Roadrunner
You most likely need to use the washers on the front of the cowl. Do some experimenting to determine if you need one or both of them.

Even after adding a washer to mine, I still have to push on the top of the cowl with a fair amount of force to make it lock.
[:+1]

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Originally posted by ibleedgreen

[:+1]
same here, seems like the factory cowl would be a little better fitting, but oh well

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
i had to use washers and i still have to smack it down when locking it.

also, make sure the rubber things are pointing in the right direction. if not, they'll prevent it from locking.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
You don't lock it with the key. You lock it by snapping it down

·
Registered
95 Posts
WHEN U PRESS DOWN ON IT PULL TOWARD THE LEFT A LIL WITH THE FRONT OF IT.AFTER A FEW LIL GIGGLES IT SHOULD GO ON FINE. I COULDNT FIGURE IT OUT BUT THE GUYS AT THE DEALERSHIP TAUGHT ME THAT.:D

·
Registered
230 Posts
I actually just shaved the hole in the bracket... just to make the cowl snap in for sure... just shave it... where the lock grabs the cowls bracket, just shave it and it should be fine... did it to mine and am 100% grateful i did...

kow wee

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
AND USE ZIP TIES TO SECURE THE COWL ON! Seriously.. Too many people have had theirs fly off because they didn't secure it properly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if you still have the little tool bag in there that will keep it from closing all the way. I had to add washers and adjust my bag to get it to close.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.